Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolink ML/NL Converter Sound Problem

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Ralf
Top 500 Contributor
Hamburg Germany
Posts 189
Bronze Member
Ralf Posted: Thu, Jul 27 2017 12:34 PM

Hi,

i have a Beolink ML/NL Converter 1790. configured as Audiosource.

On the ML side: Beovion 8, Beovison 10 (Option 6) ,Beosound 9000, 2x Beolab 3500

On the NL side: Beosound1, Beosound 2, Beoplay A6, Beoplay M5

A Technisat receiver is connected via HDMI and analogue soundcable to my Beovison 8.

I can stream the DTV sound to all linkrooms, that is Beovison 10, Beosound 9000 and Beolab 3500.

Even Wireless connection works fine.

But not to any NL Device, the sound is poor (quite) and squeaks.

Technisat receiver will turn on but sound is awful.

CD from Beosound 9000 and analogue TV is working!

Is there a workaround or any other suggestion?

I like to replace the Beolab 3500 with Beoplays A6, but it is important for me that DTV sound  works.

Ralf

Stan
Top 100 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
Posts 869
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Fri, Jul 28 2017 3:28 PM

Unfortunately, this makes no sense to me.  From my experience with the ML/NL converter, it simply converts the analog signal coming from ML to digital and sends on your network as NL.  

Since your other ML devices can play the DTV sound fine, it means the analog sound on ML from DTV is fine.  Since the NL can play the CD sound from the BS9000 and analog TV, this means the analog to digital conversion of the ML/NL box is fine.  "Poor sound and squeaks" would point to either a) a bad signal from ML (but your BL3500 has no problem with it) or b) a bad analog/digital conversion (but BS9000 CD audio converts fine).

I guess I would look at the ML cables.  Is there perhaps a different route for the DTV ML to the ML/NL converter vs. DTV ML to BL3500/BV10/BS9000?  Maybe a bad connection in a junction box somewhere?  Although, I can't think of a ML topology that would act this way  - seems like if one audio source was bad to the ML/NL converter, they would all be bad... or the bad source would be bad everywhere (both on ML and NL)...  

Stan

Ralf
Top 500 Contributor
Hamburg Germany
Posts 189
Bronze Member
Ralf replied on Tue, Aug 8 2017 12:01 PM

Yes i makes no sense. I checked the cables and installation and then changed the 8-32 with my 8-40.

And it works now perfect. The internal DVB modul and the external HDMI connected Technisat too.

Ralf

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS