Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

New LG with moving Kvadrat cover

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw Posted: Wed, Dec 8 2021 12:31 PM
https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1638952282

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Dec 8 2021 12:57 PM
Looks nice enough

Pretty expensive though compared to a normal 65 inch G series

The movement adapting to the required aspect ratio is cool though
swestland
Not Ranked
Netherlands
Posts 73
Gold Member

LG was like, thanks B&O for the partnership lets see what we could do ourselves design-wise to what you do :) 

I like LG's thought here, many people don't like the black thing in their living room when switched off. 

- Beovision Eclipse 55 Mk2 - Beolab 19 - Beosound Shape - Oppo UDP-203

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Wed, Dec 8 2021 1:38 PM

On that easel stand, it reminds me a lot of BV14.

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Dec 8 2021 3:21 PM

swestland:

LG was like, thanks B&O for the partnership lets see what we could do ourselves design-wise to what you do :) 

Truthfully, LG is huge, I'm not convinced there's much of a 'partnership' between the two brands. Or not from an LG perpsective.

swestland:

I like LG's thought here, many people don't like the black thing in their living room when switched off. 

I do quite like this, but doesn't bowl me over. I think the fabric part looks a little too big and the movement would start annoying me after a while. Occassionally I accidentally turn off my G1 using my BeoRemote One and turn it on again - almost instant. With this, you'd have to wait for the process to hide and reappear again. I think people who love this kind of stuff have far more patience than me! Big Smile

355f
Top 500 Contributor
cambridge/london
Posts 119
Bronze Member
355f replied on Wed, Dec 8 2021 3:27 PM

i like it, more elegant than a harmony which turns a TV into a monster

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Thu, Dec 9 2021 8:18 AM

355f:

i like it, more elegant than a harmony which turns a TV into a monster

I absolutely agree, but I don't think I'm upset enough about a blank black screen to need one. As with the Harmony, I suspect it's more about impressing friends and neighbours than of any real benefit.

I assume there is a "park" mode, whereby you can power the TV on/off with the cover left in the extended position - this is where it will spend 99% of its life once the novelty has worn off.

Ban boring signatures!

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, Dec 9 2021 9:49 AM

As the owner of a Harmony 77 I can say that the nicest thing about it is that when it's turned off, the screen looks a lot more discrete.  When the TV is switched on it's huge - and really dominates the room.  Turned off, with the wooden covers over most of the screen, it looks a lot less garish.

I do like this LG - it's very smart. I do wonder if they'll start with wooden fronts, then they'll probably start stealing the potential Harmony buyers from B&O with the price difference.  That's not a good thing...

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member

9 LEE:

As the owner of a Harmony 77 I can say that the nicest thing about it is that when it's turned off, the screen looks a lot more discrete.  When the TV is switched on it's huge - and really dominates the room.  Turned off, with the wooden covers over most of the screen, it looks a lot less garish.

I do like this LG - it's very smart. I do wonder if they'll start with wooden fronts, then they'll probably start stealing the potential Harmony buyers from B&O with the price difference.  That's not a good thing...

I also enjoy the function of the Harmony everyday.

It also seems much smaller as it goes down to the ground.

A 55" was max before in my room, now I have a 77" very nice indeed. (Off cause I could have a bigger than 55" but it looked horrible)

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Thu, Dec 9 2021 12:37 PM

When off the 77'' Harmony is nearly 10cm lower than a 55'' bv11 or eclipse and that's very noticeable in my room and that's partially why I love it so much. It's huge when it's on..... Ladies WinkStick out tongue

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

matteventu
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Bronze Member

I honestly think an LG TV with the possible price that will have, has no market.

Who purchased a Beovision does so because of the luxury feeling, that's not given just by the presence of integrated speakers, but also how they look and feel.

And yes in pictures this LG may look smart and nice, but I'm sure that in person it will be much different from the sound center of a Beovision.

Plus, who purchases a Beovision also does that because of the B&O ecosystem integration.

LG has no such thing, and even though they do also sell "hi-fi" systems, soundbars and speakers (lol), they have nothing in common with their TVs.

Beovisions are hard products to sell, but you sell them with design, craftmanship and history of the brand as part of the package and price.

An LG TV for $8500 ? The 65" Eclipse is roughly the same money but looks much better.

Yes, the 65" Harmony is twice the price of this LG, but it's 4x better.

Edit: not to mention LG ART90 has an 80W sound system, while a similarly priced Eclipse 450W.

355f
Top 500 Contributor
cambridge/london
Posts 119
Bronze Member
355f replied on Thu, Dec 9 2021 3:33 PM

Its an interesting topic.

Having just given up on my avant 55 due to the third video engine failure in as many years,i bought the eclipse.

I really miss the quality o fthe Avant in comparison, the perfect menus , the curtains, even the stand had a cast bracket to hold the screen in place. 

The eclipse by comparison has a piece of bend tin to balance the sound centre on; the VISA mount looks poor quality and the plastic covers fit poorly on the rear and i wonder although its  aversion 2 , if in fact even next years G2 will fit.

The picture is good because thats LG- its a pity that B*O could not even be bothered with optimising the picture settings - of getting rid of that awful 'life is good with LG' which is by a hidden menu.

All in all its  significant price for the ability to add additional speakers

Sorry, I am just not seeing the 'quality' and the 'design' in the products.

Great for B&O though. they must be making a huge margin on these products now.

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Fri, Dec 10 2021 1:57 AM
I’d also be interested. Not much eco-system left with b&o and the LG will also support airplay, CC and maybe even spotifyconnect.

Curious to see it live as i also have some concerns that it may be a bit too plasticky in real life.

let’s see whether they start selling it outside korea.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS