Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

NEW Poweramp PCB for Beomaster 8000

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Spassmaker
Top 500 Contributor
North Germany
Posts 223
Gold Member
Spassmaker Posted: Mon, Apr 20 2020 10:10 AM

Dear Members

I can't let go the Wish to get some new Poweramp PCBś for the Beomaster 8000.

The main Problem is that the old PCB's getting warm/hot with everyday use and getting bended, from time to time the Traces and the Solderspots come loose and so on, I'm sure you know what I mean.

So my question is, are there enough Members who would buy two or more PCB's? Would not as expensive if everybody bought his own PCB, that's for sure.

Is someone out there who is able to create a new PCB with an CAD Program?

The Schematics are clear from the Service Manual, The Layout has to be taken from the original PCB.

Here in the Archieved Forum i've found exactly what I meant.

https://archivedarchivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/33481/274371.aspx#274371

Sadly Member  Mohawk / Fredrik did not respond to my PM.

Any questions?

Any suggestions?

Best Regards

Christian

fkatze
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 92
Bronze Member
fkatze replied on Fri, May 15 2020 1:52 PM

Maybe I have a severe case of Cabin Fever...

No promises, but if you could send a scan of the PCB + Schematic + some good quality photos and even a scan of the underside of the board if possible, and the critical measurements...

It might take me a while, it might take me fornever. 

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Fri, May 15 2020 6:13 PM

Brand new replacement PCBs for the output amplifier boards would be nice. I haven't had much of a problem restoring those but I have seen photos of other people's output amplifier boards that probably were burned enough to be suspect. I would be interested in trying out a replacement PCB if one was available.

To me the more desirable replacement PCB to be had would be the one for the Beomaster 8000 PCB 9 (Microcomputer board).  That board can cause all sorts of problems due to bad connections. 

After that would probably be the PCB 8 (Display board) like Fredrik did back in the archived forum. It plugs into the Microcomputer boards and there are interconnections there that new boards might fix problems with.

The output amplifier boards (PCB 5) is the smaller and easier to try and remake.

-sonavor

Spassmaker
Top 500 Contributor
North Germany
Posts 223
Gold Member

Hi

Sooner or later....doesn´t matter when.

Of course you can fix the loose Traces on the Board with som Wire an soldering, but for me it looks not very good even I use some wire end ferrules for through Hole to get a better Stability and to put the Wire around the ferrules to take mechanical stress from the Resistors and Transistors. For me it worked very well, but... we´re all some kind of Perfectionists, so if there is a Possibility why not take new Bords from a better Material?

The Problem is, that there are no Pictures of the PCB´s except the uC Board to find in the Manuals.

Maybe Peter, as a never ending source, has asome Pictures of the Boards in his Manual Archive.

I´ve made a Contact to Mowhawk, took me a little Time but he hasn´t any PCB´s he made since 10 Years ago.

But he promised me that he would have a look if there are the Drawings from the Boards he made.

So we have to wait a while,.

Best Regards

Christian

laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 240
Bronze Member
laseralex replied on Mon, May 18 2020 6:28 AM

fkatze:

It might take me a while, it might take me fornever. 

If you run out of steam, let me know.

A number of years ago I bought a company with a few circuit designs that were produced in small quantities.  For one of the boards I had only a handful of blank copies, but not the digital files for fabrication of more.

I paid about $100 to have the PCB reverse-engineered in China to recover the digital assets.  I'm sure I could find the name of the company I used if you're interested in handing off the work to someone else.

(Engineering speak: I paid $100 to have a set of Gerbers created from flatbed scans of a 2-layer PCB.  Resulting files included the full Gerber stack including solder mask and paste layers.  Results were FAR better than I expected for the price.)

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II
Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 2x Beolab 6000 • 2x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2
Integrated:  1x Beosound 2 • 1x Beosound Level • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6
Control:  16x* Essence Remote  • 1x Beoremote Halo

* Yes, really! 🤦‍♂️

Spassmaker
Top 500 Contributor
North Germany
Posts 223
Gold Member

Nothing New from MohawkSad

I´ve made a scan from the PCB.

It´s mostly original Size.

I´ve made a Layout with a simple Paint Program, but sadly not to Hand at the Moment.

I just draw the Traces and made the Solderpads with a bigger Point, looks not very professional but maybe it works.

Have to mirror the Picture and I´ll buy some PCB for UV Light developing and see what´s happening.

Keep going!

Best Regards

Christian

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Mon, May 25 2020 6:19 PM
I remember Fredrik’s amazing job!

Dear God, that was 10 years ago!

Back then I wanted to buy new PCBs...

He told me,

“The PCBs are expensive in small series, but very high quality.

Making only 2 PCBs will cost about 65 eur/each. If I can make a small batch of lets say 10 PCBs they will cost 21 eur/each. Making even more will give a lower price. Maybe I should do a poll here at beoworld to see how many of you guys that are interested in those PCBs to get a fair price on them?”

He hasn’t been around since 2016 though. Sad

Count me in if it matches Fredrick’s job Smile

Jacques

Spassmaker
Top 500 Contributor
North Germany
Posts 223
Gold Member

Hi

Haqd a long Night spending with a simple Drawing Programm.

Spassmaker
Top 500 Contributor
North Germany
Posts 223
Gold Member

Ha Ha

just tryed to print this out, much too small and wiht the white spots in the traces.

Sadly the I could not upload the original .ODG File.

I can send it on reqest as a PM if anybody likes.

Best Regards

Christian

fkatze
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 92
Bronze Member
fkatze replied on Wed, May 27 2020 4:43 AM

send it along...

Spassmaker
Top 500 Contributor
North Germany
Posts 223
Gold Member

Hi

I've made a pretty goof looking PDF in a zipped Version.

Kind Regards

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.02.22.58/POWERAMP-PCB-BM8000.pdf.zip

Christian

Schletti82
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Bronze Member

If someone is willing to order a new pcbs I‘m willing to order 5 left and 5 right output stages.

Spassmaker
Top 500 Contributor
North Germany
Posts 223
Gold Member

Me too Yes - thumbs up

Depending on the price for 20 Boards, maybe there are some more who want to order some Boards.

Let us know!

Best Regards

Christian

Spassmaker
Top 500 Contributor
North Germany
Posts 223
Gold Member

Hi

Member Mohawk was so kind to search for the PCB Files he made a long time ago.

Now he's ready to produce the Poweramp Boards and the Display Boards.

He took another Thread for his Anouncement:

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/40659.aspx

Best Regards

Chrischi

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS