Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Cant Play via iPhone Dock on Beoplay A8

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

HGST
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
HGST Posted: Fri, Jul 10 2020 9:51 AM

My neighbor passed his A8 to me so I could help him set up AirPlay. First thing I did was plug in my iPad into the lightning dock. It started charging my iPad and I could play some YouTube videos (sound only of course).

Then I managed to set up AirPlay and that works too but sometimes the sound would disappear and come back. Sometimes it wont. Anyway thats another problem. The problem I am having now is when I try plugging in my iPad to the dock, it wont play anymore. Neither will it charge. The play button light goes off the moment I plug it in.

What gives? I dunno how to fix this. Could it be a flaky dock? I also tried my iPhone, doesnt work either. Any suggestion or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you all in advance

Btw during AirPlay, the sound would suddenly stop and sometimes it will come back. Nothing consistent. After I tried it further, it seems to be able to play the whole album now instead of stopping at every song. 

mimarko
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
mimarko replied on Mon, Feb 8 2021 10:05 AM

I have the similar problem with my BeoPlay A8. When I put iPhone or iPad on dock, charging not working and cant play music, also green button goes off. I tried to replace plugged dock and still not working, thats mean the dock module is okay. What could be a problem?

Thanks for help

Marko Mitic

peske1
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
peske1 replied on Fri, Jan 14 2022 1:47 PM

I have some sort of the same problem. Gradually the A8 would not play from iphones when docking. I went on and off, stopping the transmission. First I thought it was dust i the iphone lightning plug in and cleaning it helped. But know I have the same problem with my new iPhone 13 Pro. Next I'm going to ask B&O and focus on updating the A8.

Airplay and charging works fine, its only the docking. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS