Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 7-40 sound bar

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

synth
Top 500 Contributor
Off piste
Posts 105
Bronze Member
synth Posted: Mon, Nov 22 2021 11:59 AM

Hi

I'm thinking of buying a second hand beolab 7.1 sound bar, but wanted to make sure all I needed to connect to it was a power cable plus a input signal  din plug ( with the 5V trigger signal as part of it )

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks

ol
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
ol replied on Mon, Nov 22 2021 12:28 PM

Hello, yes there is some option, especially with arc/E-arc, some cheap and some more expensive, if you want to use the TV's remote control

a good option is HALL audio which comes with a splitter 8 din around 235 euros, with this one you can also add a subwoofer-

Like written there is also cheaper arc audios out there, others will have to tell how they are working

Regards

Ol 

synth
Top 500 Contributor
Off piste
Posts 105
Bronze Member
synth replied on Mon, Nov 22 2021 1:00 PM

Thanks for your answer.

Do you know if I can use a beo remote to control the soundbar volume or is it a "dumb" device and driven only by the din plug audio input?

ol
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
ol replied on Mon, Nov 22 2021 1:07 PM

No beo4 , it is control by the Tv's remote, I don't know anyway of keep using Beo4 to control the volume on the Beolab 7.2 without a B&O Tv---Btw the HALL audio also have Bluetooth and Wifi streaming, just a bonus.

Regards

Ole

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
Posts 125
Bronze Member
Hi, within few month you can use this solution

http://beomesteren.dk/en/

Best regards Rudi
synth
Top 500 Contributor
Off piste
Posts 105
Bronze Member
synth replied on Tue, Nov 23 2021 5:03 AM

So LG tvs only? We have a samsung tv that it would be good to use with.....

Our older 8-32 used to lose some of the screen so my wife asked if we could get another tv. But I still miss my B&O and the fact everything integrated.

Its a nuisance having to mess about with multiple remotes etc.

Maybe have releases for the BM7 that can be set up by on-screen menu, so you tell the BM7 what tv you have, it then downloaded its intructions from internet, so it can work with that tv. Job done. I think that would make it very valued by people like myself who want to protect our investment in our B&O gear. 

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
Posts 125
Bronze Member

Hi

We could release later on support for Samsung, Philips and more

You will be able to switch between TV brands in a setup by the remote 

http://beomesteren.dk/en/

Best regards Rudi

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Fri, Nov 26 2021 5:08 PM

Congratulations, Rudi - your BM7 adapter seems to be a really great product!

You can control the motorized stand, the LG TV and the BL 7.x, all with Beoremote.

And I like your CX speakers, especially the active CX with support for Spotify, Airplay....and even Roon!

Are these speakers two way active or one way with passive crossover?

Are you working with Beocreate? What is BM Radio?

Sorry for so many questions, but I think, BM7 and your other products are really exciting, and maybe a nice christmas gift....

Stefan

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Hi Stefan

You seem to know more…

The website does not list a lot of specs on the BM7!

What is the CX speakers that you mention?

But interesting ‘project’ - I am also eager to learn more about the BM Radio.

Surely something to watch out for…..for those, who don’t want to get into the current BV line from B&O.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Fri, Nov 26 2021 7:45 PM

Stick out tongue

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
Posts 125
Bronze Member

Flemming Birkemose Says:

Hi Rudi,
there are now several references on Beoworld/Forum to your BM 7 Adapter.
I remember you even mentioned that card there a while ago.
First it said it was coming soon - now I see it's listed as sold out on your website.

When can you expect the product to be ready?
It will probably interest a lot of people - not least on the Forum.

Greetings
Flemming

1. Admin Says:

Hello Flemming

Thank you for your mail

I'm sorry the product isn't ready yet - personally I'd love it to be ready now - both because it's announced, as you point out - but also because many are waiting.

We're in the final stages of testing - the delay is due to having to redesign the product twice because we can't get components - something we also hear car manufacturers struggle with.

Now on the right track and testing the last things. I expect the first batch of products (50-100 pcs) to come from China production by the end of February - if the component situation doesn't change - we kind of fear that.

Sometime in March or April I expect a production run of 2-300 pieces and then it goes. Unfortunately it is very delayed compared to promised, but also hoped.

We are struggling to get it clear.

We have a VESA plate for the Beovision 7-40 stand ready - with 6 mm screws for the TV (used by LG among others). In 3-4 weeks we will have a VESA plate for the Beovision 7-40 stand with 8 mm screws (used by Samsung, among others). Additional VESA plates are coming for the Beovision 7-32 stand with 6 mm screws and 8 mm screws respectively. This will allow those who wish to do so to begin mounting on the Beovision 7 stand.

Thank you for understanding.

Greetings Rudi
    Beomesteren.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS