Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Mesh networks

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

stevo1352
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
stevo1352 Posted: Thu, Feb 3 2022 10:48 PM

I had to replace my router and tried a new Linksys Atlas Pro 6 mesh 3 pack. 

After a day of usage I cannot stream to more then one speaker without the next speaker being 3 seconds behind the main speaker. 

My place is 2500 SQ FT 

Should I just return the mesh setup. Anyone with Linksys (velop/Atlas) mesh setups?

My old router handled this just fine and has lower specs. 

I have about 10 B&O speakers. They have been working fine on wifi until now.

1 Edge

1 BS2

2 M5

3 M3

1 Core (connected to Beoplay S8)

1 Essence MK2 (connected to Beolab9).

1 Stage

Tim84
Top 500 Contributor
Munich
Posts 98
Bronze Member
Tim84 replied on Fri, Feb 4 2022 6:07 AM

Hi Stevo,

Mesh systems are sometimes a problem with stationary System. I would recommend to use a professional system (Netgear Professional or Ubiquiti). Those systems can link devices to special Wireless Access Points in the Mesh System.

The other try would be to increase the buffer. The problem with mesh that is only setup wirelessly is that the clients connect to the mesh system and the distance to the router gets longer and longer. I suppose your mesh access points (AP) are not directly wired to the router.

The logic then is

• Router -> AP 1 -> B&O device
  • Router -> AP 1 -> AP2 -> B&O device
  • Router -> AP 1 -> AP2 -> AP 3 -> B&O device

you shorten this distance when connecting them directly to the router.

• Router -> AP 1 -> B&O device
  • Router -> AP 2 -> B&O device
  • Router -> AP 3 -> B&O device

I hope this helps.

Living room: BeoVision 7 MKV + BeoLab 7-2 + 2x BeoLab 8000 + BeoLab 2 + 2x BeoLab 4000
Office / guest room: BV 7-32 MKIV / BL7-1; BeoSound Core + Turntable
Kitchen: BeoPlay M3
Bathroom: Gira Radio + BeoLab Celestial
Entrance: BeoPlay M3

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Fri, Feb 4 2022 7:12 AM

Hi Stevo,

I am using the Linksys Velop System. It is consisted of two MX5300 nodes. The parent node is connected to a 24-port linksys switch and the child node is connected to the parent via a cat6 ethernet cable. I have no issues with beolink multiroom (all of my b&o products are older than the motzart platform) apart the usual issues with beosound moment and sound drops when it is joined by older products like my beosystem 4 or my beovplay v1.

I would like to strong recommend that you wire all of your products instead of using wi-fi. In case they can not be wired try to put a wired node as close as possible. Mesh network is very convenient for me especially due to the fact that it creates one network but if you prefer you can divide to 2.4 and 5.

My old setup was using a linksys router and linksys access point which worked fine but I had to use almost one access point per room (my house is 270 sq m + the pool area) and sometimes switch manually from access point to access point. What I can confirm is that during summer when we might be around 12-15 people in the pool area the velop system works great (it is wifi 6) with iphones and ipads. I am using the beoliving app to control all of my b&o products and I have no issues.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
I have nest mesh with one router and two points. It solved all my problems.

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Moningsand
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Bronze Member

Morning,

I changed to a mesh system but with out success. Some B&O units worked as expected but some did not work at all or behaved very strange. The whole system was perceived as unstable. I changed to Ubiquiti instead after I had talked to several B&O dealers and after that it works better than ever. Before the mesh-system I had a weaker Wi-Fi system and the B&O system needed to be cold restarted now and then, but after the upgrade to Ubiquiti it seldom happen. Very stable, it was worth the extra cost. 

I have an old ML-system together with a NL-system and it is amazing that it all works together as one system today. Though I don't have any unit based on the Mozart platform yet. It will come for certain after the upgrade of Beolink Multiroom.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS