Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 9000 Mk I rebooting all the time fault

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

iggythebrush
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
iggythebrush Posted: Fri, May 10 2013 3:36 PM

Dear BEOphiles,

I have acquired a beautiful Beosound 9000, dating from 1997. Optically, it is in very good condition. Standby light is on correctly when plugged in and main switch on. However, when I try to use it in any mode - CD, radio or Aux, it reboots after a few seconds and goes into standby. Eg for disc one, it has time to start spinning, for disc 3 it just has time to zip across and reboots when the carriage is between discs 2 and 3.

Internally, all connections seem fine, although I did find an odd wire, which seemed to be a later modification, which goes somewhere from the main CPU/power board. It had come off the back of the board, and I think I have found the right  location but am not 100% sure (the fault persists with/without wire being connected).

Have cleand all sensors, it does not seem to be that.

I tried to go into the service modes, but it is not reacting to the RC. Reading the instructions, I shorted pins 2 and 4 of the ML interface in order to change the mode to "1" from "0" but still no response to the remote.

Unfortunately, the only circuit diagram available on the web seem to be for the Mk III, and at least the power boards are substantially different.

Any help/suggestions much appreciated.

Ilya

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Fri, May 10 2013 7:39 PM

The BS9000 jas several switching power supply's inside.

Each powersupply for different section.

Due to the fact that is has these PWM supply's, caps can be gone and need to be changed. That is, after you checked al other joints and sensors (as the one for the big wheel that pulls the sledge)

As far as I can remember it isn't easily done by a simple soldering iron as is has multipe layers and solder joints between both upper and lower surfaces with metal "pipes". Be carefull.

iggythebrush
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Thanks very much, have carefully desoldered all caps (only damaged one through-plated hole!), am now waiting for new caps to arrive. Will let you know how I get on.

Ilya

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS