Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Is it posible to connect a DVD2 to a 1080p projector?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

becho4
Not Ranked
Posts 34
Bronze Member
becho4 Posted: Mon, Apr 21 2014 4:08 PM

Hi,

Is it posible to directly connect a DVD2 to a 1080p projector to display a DVD with 1080p (scaled of course) resolution?

Regards

Alfonso

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Even if you would use a scaler (or a receiver) with Scart-in, you would not be able to control it.

It is meant to be controlled via a BV.

P.S. and I doubt that it would look good!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

becho4
Not Ranked
Posts 34
Bronze Member
becho4 replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 6:40 PM

I have a Beovision Avant 28 as well as the video projector so I was thinking about connecting the DVD2 to the Avant using the scart and at the same time to the projector using the YPbPr.

I would like to have a B&O DVD player and be able to reproduce the DVDs in a Beovision and a HD video projector. The only solution I can think of is using a Beovision 40 HD but unfortunately is too big for the space I have available and the Beovision 32 is not available.in HD. So I was looking at other solutions like the DVD 2 or the Beocenter 2 but I don't think it is possible, right?.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

The more we know, the better the answers Whistle

As I understand it now, you would like to connect the DVD2 to the Avant for controlling it, and probably for the sound too.

And you want to connect the YPbPr-out either direct to the projector or to an upscaler (before going into the projector).

The 'upscaler-way' would probably work, but you might experience some lipsync-problems due to the video-processing in the upscaler (?).

A descent upscaler is rather expensive, and maybe you won't have a picture as good as you expect it?

You probably will have to try it out to see if it is possible and if it pleases you.

Maybe someone else on the forum has tried something similar?

Do let us know how things work out, if you try it.

N.B. apart from the size, a BV7-40 (MK3 or higher) would solve your problem! And even let you connect a Bluray player via HDMI.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS