Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocord 2000 2923, no sound output

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Jamian
Not Ranked
OREGON, USA
Posts 33
Bronze Member
Jamian Posted: Sat, Apr 18 2015 7:52 PM

Hi!

Basically there is no output from either of my BC2000s I have finally got around to tinkering with. Where should I start the process of finding the issue?

BC2000 #1 - New belts and motor from Dillen. Tape FF, RW, Stop and Play all move the tape as expected.  No sound when I play tapes (tried through BM3000 and BC5000).   Output level lights to 0db

BC2000 #2 - Switched out  tape deck with repaired unit from BC2000 #1.  No sound from this one either. Output level lights to 4db

Could the 'no sound' be due to a faulty tape deck, or is there some thing wrong somewhere else in both BC2000s?  If the former I will switch over the new motor and belts to BC2000 #2's tape deck.  If the latter I am a bit lacking in knowledge😳

Thanks for any advice. 

Love = My  Beomaster 1001 + Beovox 2700

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, Apr 18 2015 9:28 PM

#2: Missing 8Vref - replace the two 220uF capacitors on the Dolby board.
#1: Probably the same cure, though the symptom is a little unusual.

Don't swap the drives permanently, quite a bit of calibrating would be needed to match the main board with the new drive.

Martin

Jamian
Not Ranked
OREGON, USA
Posts 33
Bronze Member
Jamian replied on Sat, Apr 18 2015 11:04 PM

Thanks!

Is it OK to switch the motor from one drive to another?

#2 sounds like the best bet to fix. Unfortunately its cover release was snapped in transit; of course it is part of the main chassis. Will consider transplanting it's guts over to the #1 body; if the caps fix the issue. 

If I have trouble getting the caps I might add them to my pending order with you 😉

Thanks again

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Apr 19 2015 6:14 AM

The motor speed can be adjusted directly on the motor and there are no other adjustments related to it, so yes, they can be swapped
quite easily. 

You're welcome.

Martin

Jamian
Not Ranked
OREGON, USA
Posts 33
Bronze Member
Jamian replied on Wed, Apr 22 2015 7:45 AM
Grabbed some standard 220uF 10V caps to check your theory. Of course you were correct!Wink I now have sound; from both BCs.

Noticed the print on the back of the PCB is wrong. Front states C208, back C200. C408 was correct.

Is it worth getting some Elna Silmic II caps (read about them in another discussion and can see 200uF 16V ones on line), or do you have a different recommendation? The ones I have are just super cheap ones.

CheersBeer

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Apr 22 2015 10:03 AM

Well done!

The caps are not in the signal path, they are merely filtering a voltage.
No need for any fancy stuff here.

Martin

petergilkes
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member

Hi Dillen / Martin

I have just had exactly the same problem which has been rectified by exactly what you suggested ...

... BRILLIANT !! ...

many thanks

Pete

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Feb 7 2017 11:05 AM

Welcome and thanks for letting us know.
Dont' be a stranger now.

Martin

Pindsen
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 49
Bronze Member
Pindsen replied on Tue, Jul 28 2020 8:55 PM

I have the same issue with a Beocord 3500. Everything works except no sound. There are no light/respons in VU meter.
C417 is changed - same issue
C212, C214, C412 and C414 changed - same issue.
There are 9,2VDC at C417, at little higher than schematic (7,4V).
Are there any suggestions what might be the cause?

/Pindsen

Pindsen
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 49
Bronze Member
Pindsen replied on Thu, Jul 30 2020 7:19 PM

I managed to locate the issue. IC2 on the Dolby board was defect forcing the Beocord into REC mode when it should be in playback mode.

This occidentally erased my tape, so be careful using a tape with no value when troubleshooting :-)

/Pindsen

Billywink
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Billywink replied on Thu, Feb 3 2022 10:19 PM

Great advice! I had the same issue - all VU lights were lit to +4, but no line output at all. Changed the caps and working again sweetly! So thankful to have found this forum, I think I would have given up on the repair otherwise!

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Feb 4 2022 5:20 PM

Billywink:

Great advice! I had the same issue - all VU lights were lit to +4, but no line output at all. Changed the caps and working again sweetly! So thankful to have found this forum, I think I would have given up on the repair otherwise!

Thanks for this feedback. Yes - thumbs up

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS