Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

ABR unit Beovox Red line RL60

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa Posted: Mon, Oct 25 2021 3:43 PM

Just opened a Beovox RL60 and found the metal plate loose in the speaker (second picture). I presume it is part of the  ABR unit. Correct?

second presumption: the plate was glued to its frame with a kind of membrane. But this material has complete gone. Can I use a EPDM rubber? Or what was the membrane original made of?

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
Posts 450
Gold Member
Johan replied on Mon, Oct 25 2021 6:37 PM

Hi Carolpa,

Somewhere in this thread https://archivedarchivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/20420.aspx Steve lists the options. I trust the B&O tuned port kits will not be available anymore, so maybe Dillen (have not seen him around on the forum for a while) can fix your ABRs?

I also read about neoprene as a material, but that is said to be hard to glue. I trust that the density/weight of the material plays an important role in the vibration behaviour?

Regards,

Johan

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
Posts 450
Gold Member
Johan replied on Mon, Oct 25 2021 8:56 PM

And the elasticity of course. There are suppliers that sell various thicknesses of EPDM and Neoprene sheets (even self-adhesive) at reasonable prices, so a bit of experimenting could also be an option.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS