Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

MCP 5500 Micro switch

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

nicksmith2010
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
nicksmith2010 Posted: Thu, Nov 4 2021 11:04 AM

After a few hours searching I seem to have drawn a blank. Does anyone know where I might get hold of a microswitch for the volume dial on a MCP5500. Also are there any drawer belts out there for beocord 5500 type 4932.

Thanks in advance

Homersaurus
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member

I'm not sure there is a microswitch for the volume dial; I thought there was a circular wheel with black and white markings and an optical reader for the wheel - i.e. no mechanical connection or potentiometer.  The opto reader for the MCP 5500 wheel and suitable drawer belts for a Beocord are available on www.beoparts-shop.com.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Jan 7 2022 6:29 PM

There is an opto reader and a switch.
Basically, you can say that the switch tells the direction of the wheel and the opto component counts the black/white pulses.
Beoparts-shop can do do a lot more than what meets the eye. Some times it's a good idea to just ask.

Martin

ProGram
Top 200 Contributor
59269 Beckum, Germany
Posts 383
Bronze Member
ProGram replied on Mon, Jan 10 2022 11:19 AM
Take one of those micro switches and discard the spring blade https://wirsindspiele.de/de/automaten/Musikboxen/ersatzteile-musikbox/nsm/mikroschalter-umblaettertaste.html
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS