Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Avant 32 upgrade

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

delite
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Silver Member
delite Posted: Thu, Nov 18 2021 9:23 PM

Hi
I'm in the progress of rebuilding my Avant 32 television in the following way. Stripping it regarding picture tube and corresponding electronics to replace the picture tube with a flat screen from (sorry) Philips. The philosophy is obviously to upgrade the image quality, avoid sound distortion from image interference and of course maintain the sound of the Avant 32 beovision. To get along with this I need complete circuit diagrams of the PCBs. Do any of you folks have this dokumentation? My Avant 32 is a type 8430.

Ravsted
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 345
Bronze Member
Ravsted replied on Thu, Nov 25 2021 6:28 PM

Hi 

I did something similar with the BV5 

I believe the chassis is more or less the same in the two TV's 

If you follow the same approach as I did I think you can accomplish this without any diagrams.

Good luck 

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/41909/317632.aspx

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member

I am sure that someone has done this. I cannot find the thread now, but it was in a discussion about upgrading the Bevision 5 screen.

Stoobie

delite
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Silver Member
delite replied on Sun, Dec 5 2021 6:13 PM

Thanks for your comments/suggestions.
It's right that the Beovision 5 upgrade is a similar case. However, it's not as simple when you want to upgrade from a CRT television.
You need to find out what circuit modifications are needed when the signals to and from the CRT are disturbed;-)
I have asked Bang & Olufsen support to help me. Now I'm waiting for their positive (hopefullly) response...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS