Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 9000 Mk2 Problems - Sled stuck in Position 6

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Michael
Not Ranked
Hunnebostrand, Sweden
Posts 4
Gold Member
Michael Posted: Fri, Dec 31 2021 11:12 AM

Dear All,

yes I have gone through a lot of posts and this problem is not new. My Beosound 9000 Mk2 is behaving strangly. Check Out the Videos:

https://youtu.be/Pan5bdCFYxY

https://youtu.be/-KrZLUq5oN8

I have cleaned the Prisemens. One was broke and has been glued back (looks totaly fine and clean). Can the prisem for the hand protection System really cause the issue you can see in the Video?

The Sled has fallen slowly to position 6 and now is stuck there. You can hear a small sound that sounds like an attemp to move it to position 1 but nothing happens.

I am thankfull for your thoughts, suggestions and comments.

I was also trying to get it into Test Mode with BEO 4 - it reacts to the remote but I really cannot get it into test mode. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Michael

My B&O Setup πŸŽΆπŸ“€πŸ”Š

Beosound 9000 Mk2, Beolab 2, 2x Beolab 8000 Mk1, 2 x Beolab 3, Beogram 6500 White, Beosound 4, Beocenter 2, 2x Beolab 4000, 2x Beosound Core, Beosound Essence, 3x Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1 Mk1

Peter
Top 500 Contributor
Siemianowice Sl., Poland
Posts 111
Bronze Member
Peter replied on Fri, Dec 31 2021 12:21 PM

Hi, It seems that something mechanically stopping the sledge. Please open (unscrew) the cover below control buttons , you will see a wheel moving the rope. try to turn it in order to move the sledge up. You will see if something is blocking it.

As to test modes you have to choose shift 90258 and then press a button next to a disk and then you may enter test mode number

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Sat, Jan 1 2022 12:58 PM

Michael:

I have cleaned the Prisemens. One was broke and has been glued back (looks totaly fine and clean). Can the prisem for the hand protection System really cause the issue you can see in the Video?

Glueing back the prism will not solve the fingerprotection, which still prevents the sledge from moving  

After instructing to play cd1 try to lift the sledge a little (you will feel some force from letting you lifting it).

Take off the power while holding the sledge. Then lift the sledge to position 1.  Hold it there and put on the power. You will notice that the sledge will be set and hold by the mechanism at the first position.

Trying to get the BS9000 in servicemode will (probably) not work as the BS9000 can’t finish the startup routine.

Michael
Not Ranked
Hunnebostrand, Sweden
Posts 4
Gold Member
Michael replied on Sat, Jan 1 2022 9:44 PM

Hey, I got it into service mode and the error confirms as SLG Error 42 - in the service manual this translates to finger protection system out of order.

So you are indeed right, gluing the prism back did not repair it. So I guess I need a apart part and then it is just a lot of work dismanteling the unit to put in the new prism.

Only good thing: it is nothing serious with the motors or processors.

Beosound 9000 Mk2, Beolab 2, 2x Beolab 8000 Mk1, 2 x Beolab 3, Beogram 6500 White, Beosound 4, Beocenter 2, 2x Beolab 4000, 2x Beosound Core, Beosound Essence, 3x Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1 Mk1

Michael
Not Ranked
Hunnebostrand, Sweden
Posts 4
Gold Member
Michael replied on Sat, Jan 1 2022 9:44 PM

Hey, I got it into service mode and the error confirms as SLG Error 42 - in the service manual this translates to finger protection system out of order.

So you are indeed right, gluing the prism back did not repair it. So I guess I need a apart part and then it is just a lot of work dismanteling the unit to put in the new prism.

Only good thing: it is nothing serious with the motors or processors.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS