Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram RX Dust Cover Assembly. Please Help

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 3 Followers

joejudd1
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
joejudd1 Posted: Thu, Feb 20 2014 2:26 AM

I was recently given a Beogram RX. It's in good condition and works, but the dust cover was not attached. It appears to have all of the parts, but I can't manage to get it assembled. I've searched the forums some, but am not having much luck on finding anything specific to RX. Was wondering if anyone can help guide me through the reassembly process? Here are some photos of what I'm looking at:

Dust Cover Parts... Mounting brackets, screws, clips, etc. Not quite sure what the two silver metal pieces in the lower left are for or where they go.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Here assembled from the back

Here torsion spring position

As I see it you will have to assemple the cover and back plate, with the 3 plastic pieces, the 3 screws and washers, in open position, before attaching the whole to the deck, with the 3 steel plates and screws, the 2 chromed pieces must be guide pieces for the torsion spring where the torsion spring make contact with the back plate when opening and closing the cover, probably in the corners of the back plate.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

joejudd1
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
joejudd1 replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 2:37 AM

Thank you so much for your response! The photo showing the torsion spring position is what I was missing. I appreciate your help Big Smile

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

We like to help, dont be a stranger now, and tell us to what you connect it and how it plays, in my opinion, the RX and TX deck are under evaluated and under appreciated, and welcome to the forum.Laughing

joejudd1
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
joejudd1 replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 3:24 AM

Thanks for the welcome!

I have it connected to a Pioneer SX-535 receiver. The receiver was my dad's and the turntable was my uncle's. I also have a pair of Bose Model 31 floor speakers (from the mid-90's). I just got everything setup today and am really happy with the sound. The turntable operation is very smooth. Here is a photo of the setup:

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Cant say I know the Pioneer, but I like the design, maybe you get a little hooked on B&O and someday gets yourself a Beomaster 2400, and a pair of Beovox speakersBig Smile

Charles J Candiano
Not Ranked
Valparaiso, IN
Posts 2
Bronze Member

I disassembled the same dust cover on my RX 5 years ago for reasons I do not recall.  With the aid of your post, I was able to reassemble but I cannot figure out where l-shaped strips go.  My unit has 3 of them.  Would you be so kind as to look at your lid and advise where they are located?  

The tension on the lid is just slightly less than required to hold it open.  Any idea how to adjust tension?

Beogram 4002 (1974)

Beogram 4004 (1976)

Beogram RX  (2010)

Beovox 150's

RobG
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
RobG replied on Fri, Aug 4 2017 11:53 PM

Please could you attach the images again ??

kunsf00
Not Ranked
Posts 81
Silver Member
kunsf00 replied on Wed, Nov 29 2017 1:31 PM

Hello,

Can you send me some pictures of the assembly the dust cover?

greetings, Fred

e-mail: fredkunst1956@hotmail.com

kunsf00
Not Ranked
Posts 81
Silver Member
kunsf00 replied on Wed, Nov 29 2017 1:37 PM

Can you help my also on pictures for assembly the dust cover?

Greetings, Fred Kunst (Netherlands)

E-mail: fredkunst1956@hotmail.com

kunsf00
Not Ranked
Posts 81
Silver Member
kunsf00 replied on Wed, Nov 29 2017 1:40 PM

Hello,

Can You also send me some pictures of the assembly from the dust cover?

Many Thanks, Greetings Fred Kunst (Netherlands)

E-mail: fredkunst1956@hotmail.com

dbrajac
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
dbrajac replied on Sat, Jun 2 2018 7:09 AM

Hi Soren,

I have the exact same issue presently, however your photos do not appears.  Instead it just says photo not found.  Is there any way you can post these photos again?  Thanks so much for your assistance.  I have 3 of the chrome pieces and that is the one thing where I am unsure of there placement.  David

dbrajac
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
dbrajac replied on Mon, Jun 4 2018 5:29 AM

HI Soren, this is like a crazy puzzle to try to put together!!  Do you know the steps involved?  Not sure how to do this with the spring loaded up and the back plate in cover in place to be able to put the screws for the plastic tabs in.  Help! See my post at bottom of this thread to. Thanks, David

dbrajac
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
dbrajac replied on Mon, Jun 4 2018 5:32 AM

HI Joe, did you ever figure out how to reassemble this?  It seems like a crazy puzzle to put back together, being in the same position as you were.  If you could tell me the steps that would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for any assistance.  See my other posts here.  David

rstwalsh1
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
rstwalsh1 replied on Mon, Feb 18 2019 8:37 PM

Here is a diagram I found in the 1700 service manual that matches the RX. Hope this helps!

RobG
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
RobG replied on Mon, Feb 18 2019 9:36 PM

That's great. Thanks for posting Smile

mountainwitch85
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member

This was very helpful... I'm still confused though on how to connect the tension spring to the plastic cover... 

I have recently acquired a Beogram 1900 from my dad and unfortunately the service manual online is not clearing up my confusion on how to put the dust cover back together - primarily I'm very confused on how the long metal piece (which seems to be the piece to act as a torsion spring from what I'm reading on here?) fits into the main cover.  Do the side pieces somehow go into the cover or where do they end up? 

- this is my first Beogram and first quality turntable so I'm very excited but also very green so any help is appreciated.  

lee
Not Ranked
chester uk
Posts 7
Bronze Member
lee replied on Mon, Jul 22 2019 7:28 AM

I also had to refit the spring and it’s quite fussy job to do for sure!!!

I did some repair to one hinge by the tonearm side, used a material called plastifix :

If I suss out how to insert pics here I’ll do it, and I can try to explain how the parts reassemble. If you imagine the spring is twisted to push the hinge open, or to provide assistance against the weight of the lid, that’s how it’s working. So assemble backplate to lid in 

frugal audiophile

lee
Not Ranked
chester uk
Posts 7
Bronze Member
lee replied on Mon, Jul 22 2019 7:39 AM

Open position and there’s already 180 degree twist in the spring. Fit the ends with the middle sticking up, then try to fit the middle cleat in place while pushing the spring down against the backplate with the cleat . Make sure all the parts are in place, and definitely the end hinges are both assembled or you will have a likelihood of breaking a hinge - that’s what happened to mine... the guy I bought it from thought he’d remove and clean it on the day I was travelling to him to collect it... just removed screws one by one until TWANG and the hinge snapped  I did quite a nice repair I was going to share pics of....

wow its it’s really not straightforward to insert pics here... using safari/ iPhone 6s+

ill have and to come back on the pc I think...

frugal audiophile

skyskylimit
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Silver Member

I need assistant with the cover  Beogram RX Type 5773 Turntable  3 small metal where do they go  i can seam to upload pictures here 

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS