Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Flash your B&O - new thread!

This post has 5,642 Replies | 42 Followers

Evan
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,621
Gold Member
Evan replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 3:17 PM
personaltrainerpaul:

Rivenflush, that is a wonderful, cosy looking house! It looks as though it has a real soul!!!

EVAN, you old skool boy - CDs :) It was my BANG&OLUFSEN that got me to hate CDs as I had a Technics P550 CD player for 10 years - NEVER once did it skip a CD. That damn B&O, the minute the volume was decent, CDs would skip everywhere :( as that was my love of CDs over and has never returned :( although when I get into the studios at work and see Pioneer CDJ900 decks I enjoy (although these clever little things play files straight from our MacBook Pro's with a LAN cable and feeds the files to 3 of the CDJs - very very clever!

Yes, definitely considered old school by today's standards! My story is completely opposite, my B&O got me to love CDs! Please don't read my post with the tone of the others, I'm here to have fun.

I have a Technics CD player around here somewhere, it used to see plenty of use. Now that I have moved out and downsized, I don't have much need for more than one CDp. Now that I think about it, I'm going to need it soon, my new BM4000 and 1900 will need a CD player!

Beo4 'til I die!

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Evan:
Yes, definitely considered old school by today's standards! My story is completely opposite, my B&O got me to love CDs! Please don't read my post with the tone of the others, I'm here to have fun.

We love CDs and we are having fun

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 4:40 PM

Nicely eclectic selection there Soren! I'm the same, I have a widely diverse collection of music. Back in the day here in the US there was a record store chain called Peaches. Really miss them. I used to get some strange looks from the checkout workers, I'd walk up with a combination of classical, pop, hard rock/metal, jazz and usually something really bizarre.

I have ripped all my CDs to my music server PC, so now my Beosound 9000 basically serves as a really expensive switchbox to connect my PC to the Beolabs. Still looks gorgeous on the wall though!

As for eclectic music mixes, I have a good friend we in the audio circle here affectionately call Unka Paul. Paul has done a lot of field recording of folk music, and has done a lot of remastering from analog to digital for the Smithsonian and National Archives and various state agencies. He can play anything from Edison cylinders to DAT tape and everything inbetween. He makes up collections of some of the oddest, most bizarre, and often humerous music, and collections of really obscure jazz and blues from the beginning of the genres.

He is a real treasure, I have a lot of his collections and they truly stretch your musical boundaries in a good way.

I've bought a fair amount of music online as downloads, and have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, it's convenient, fast, and you get what you want right now! On the other, there is a certain tactile satisfaction in actually buying something you can touch and feel, as old fashioned as that may be. Virtual purchases don't quite have the visceral satisfaction quotient.

I have a limited collection of LPs, and still keep my Beogram for listening to those, it works very well. I still have a couple of cassettes, but only as long as it takes me to rip them to digital, then I can dump the deck. I have like 3 or 4 that have irreplaceable music, so it's not worth keeping a deck around for that I believe. It's not a B&O deck, if it was I'd never let it go, but it's just a cheap Sony.

I'll probably add more LPs and will buy more CDs, but can't see myself adding more tapes.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

Jeff:

I have a limited collection of LPs, and still keep my Beogram for listening to those, it works very well. I still have a couple of cassettes, but only as long as it takes me to rip them to digital, then I can dump the deck. 

I'll probably add more LPs and will buy more CDs, but can't see myself adding more tapes.

I have about 1.200 LP's at the moment, 75 CD's, 200 recorded cassette tapes and 200 sealed blank cassettes. My Beograms and Beocords are getting lots of hours Laughing

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

Dave
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Bronze Member

Just wanted to show you this really great setup i saw on ebay, one of the best i've seen actually!

Dave
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Bronze Member

Another shot - love the balance of the room

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 7:55 PM

A black avant dvd,still holds its own against the flatscreens,in my eyes,still pure class after all these years.

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 2:59 PM

Here is my living room... Still a lot of work to do (adding the Videoprojector to the ceiling + a motorised screen, adding some paintings which are still in my second flat, hiding the cables, etc...)

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 8:11 PM

mbee:

Here is my living room... Still a lot of work to do (adding the Videoprojector to the ceiling + a motorised screen, adding some paintings which are still in my second flat, hiding the cables, etc...)

very nice

how will you integrate the video projector with the BV8-40 ?

BeoNut since '75

BeoHut
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 482
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 8:23 PM
Very stylish furniture (with a wink to the seventies) with a nice beo-setup!

You can use a hdmi-splitter (Atlona or Gefen) to connect your screen to the BV8, even in combination with a Lintronix box. All controlled by you beoremote (with evt. Puc).

Enjoy your setup in the livingroom. Empty walls are also stylish. Especially with your furniture and used colours.
mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 9:57 PM

elephant:

very nice

how will you integrate the video projector with the BV8-40 ?

As Beofan53 explained, my bv8-40 is connected to an Atlona 4x2 HDMI switch which allows me to have 4 HDMI inputs on the HDMI B port of the BV8, inputs that are mirrored to the projector, everything controlled via PUC. Then I just have to select P.MUTE on the BV8, the sound goes through the 5 beolabs and the image to the projector, et voilà!

If somebody knows how to make the bv switch on/off the Atlona, it would be perfect, otherwise it has to be in constant power ON (4W) 

Dave
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Bronze Member
Dave replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 3:01 AM

Honestly, 4W is nothing

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 10:03 AM

Part of Bang & Olufsen's gold product line.

/ Peter Pan

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:46 PM

Peter Pan's pictures always are great to look at. I'm a fan of Peter PanYes - thumbs up

Brengen & Ophalen

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sat, Sep 1 2012 10:05 AM

Thanks Todd / Leslie, a new image loaded.

/ Peter Pan  http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/444/3677.aspx#3677

Rikard
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 218
Bronze Member

I am very satisfied with the current setup! 

BV10-46, BS5, BL4000 as fronts, BL3 as rears and a BL11. 

The cables are not as neat and tidy as the old setup, we are waiting with that until we have decided to put new wallpapers on the wall. 

In the box under the Playstation I have the satbox, BS5 box, and other thing needed :) 

I have old pics of the house but these are a bit better.

Rikard
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 218
Bronze Member

One of the rear speakers. Also our kitchen table, a concrete table from indoor outdoor, it was a heavy job carrying it in to the house. :)

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 8:07 PM

Hi can I ask why you decided on the 4000s as front instead of the lab 3,The 3s would surely be more suited at the front combined with the lab11 for music and movies?

Rikard
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 218
Bronze Member
Rikard replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 8:16 PM

Good question, the BL3 looks better where they are placed.. I have had thaughts of changing the BL4000 to BL3, but I like the sound - the mix with both BL4000 and BL3 :) 

I will probably change my mind in the future and get other speakers as fronts. 

justanewbie
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member

I just picked this up yesterday.  All it needs is a new cassette deck belt!  Speakers sound great, remote works great!  100 dollars!  Original cables too!

I will hopefully be mounting the speakers on either side of the system one above each chair.

justanewbie
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member

another pic

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 3:07 PM

Very sweet! Are those P30 spkrs?

Jeff

jkhamler
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 286
Bronze Member

Rikard, I am very jealous of your very cool setup and house. Nice work! ;)

Jon

justanewbie
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member

Jeff,

They are P45 speakers with original cables!  The system is a Beocenter 7000.  I'm going to clean up the speaker this weekend and try to get rid of some of the dirt...

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 6:04 PM

Very cool, you found a great system. I've heard the P45's are quite nice. I just bought a pair of P30's off eBay, haven't gotten them yet. There was a pair of P45's on eBay as well, but the condition looked pretty rough. 

Jeff

MARKFS
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Bronze Member
MARKFS replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 6:11 PM

IMG_7643.JPG.aspx

Here is my Beovision 7 with a pair of beolab 8000 :)

MARKFS
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Bronze Member
MARKFS replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 6:12 PM

I don't know why it is only shown as a link?

I can't seem to figure out how to post pictures in here anymore... 

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 8:37 AM

MARKFS:

IMG_7643.JPG.aspx

Here is my Beovision 7 with a pair of beolab 8000 :)

Very nice setup. Love when cables are completely hidden like you have done. The BV7 in black looks very stylish. Congratulations!

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Great setup MarkFS. ;)
Jasper050
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member

My Livingroom

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 10:05 PM

Jasper050:

My Livingroom

so simple - so elegant !

BeoNut since '75

Jasper050
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member

Side view

Jasper050
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member

Livingroom

Jasper050
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member

First pic a little smaller

Bob
Top 200 Contributor
Charente, France
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Bob replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 10:30 PM

College? Apparently B&O is only for us old, tasteless uneducated and generally stupid men ;)

honestly nice (especially to be able buy it at college ;) all I've got at college was Grundig Satelite ...

Don't worry - be Happy

Rikard
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 218
Bronze Member
Rikard replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 5:37 AM

This looks great! As Bob said, simple and elegant :)

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Jasper050:

My Livingroom

Elegant setup. I like your blu ray player on the side. I think also your walls could benefit from a stronger colour too ;)

Thanks for posting.
badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 539
Gold Member
badgersurf replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 10:38 AM

What make is the blu-ray player?

And like the walls with no skirting board!

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
I think it's a Samsung. It's on the stb brackets website too ;)
Page 8 of 142 (5643 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS