Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Can you use a BeoRemote 1 with an essence MK2?

rated by 0 users
This post has 33 Replies | 2 Followers

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Aussie Michael Posted: Fri, Jan 27 2017 7:56 PM
To turn on and play music etc? Even if it is last source.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

You'd need the optional ir-eye for that.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Fri, Jan 27 2017 8:48 PM

Aussie Michael:

Hi Michael,

I just finished a renovation of my kitchen and installed the Essence MKII with a passive and ceiling speakers.

And off course needed the IR-eye to control it remotely with a Beoremote One.

It works like a charm and I wonder why I waited so long for this install...

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Hi Chris, 

interesting - congrats on the finished 'project'.

Could you tell us a bit more of how you use it?

What are the pros using the remote compared to using the 'Wheely'?

MM

Bjørn S. Andersen
Not Ranked
Denmark, Næstved
Posts 12
Bronze Member

If you wanna use the BeoRemote One to turn on the BSE Mk II You need the IR eye 

http://pasteboard.co/rhByFrELL.png

/ Bjørn Andersen

Bjørn S. Andersen
Not Ranked
Denmark, Næstved
Posts 12
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

MM

Its the same just easy to install the Bluetooth remote no wires :D
But i think you can call the source like Tunein or deezer direct. '

/Bjørn Andersen

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Chris:

Hi Michael,

I just finished a renovation of my kitchen and installed the Essence MKII with a passive and ceiling speakers.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Chris wow. Nice one. Is this for multi room music or for surround sound?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Thanks Bjørn,

but I expect an answer from Chris, who actually has the ir-eye installed....

.....and does not have to 'think' what works in his daily use of it.

MM

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Thanks guys.

Looks like I will have to buy an IR eye when I can afford one.

Thanks.
Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Bjørn S. Andersen:

Its the same just easy to install the Bluetooth remote no wires :D But i think you can call the source like Tunein or deezer direct. '

/Bjørn Andersen

Also then I don't have to buy a wheely

And I get to use my existing remote. Yay.
Bjørn S. Andersen
Not Ranked
Denmark, Næstved
Posts 12
Bronze Member

Aussie Michael:

The wheely is optional yes,

And you can also use the BeoMusic app to controle it.

Bjørn S. Andersen
Not Ranked
Denmark, Næstved
Posts 12
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

Thanks Bjørn,

MM

Okay, but next time i have the BSE in my hands i will be testing it :D

New info

When the IR eye is on the get this list of sources whit the remotes.

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
Posts 320
Bronze Member
StKong replied on Sat, Jan 28 2017 12:23 AM
Millemissen:

Thanks Bjørn,

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

After quite specific and insisting inquiries with two different dealers - also based on input from this forum - it was at last confirmed to me last week via Struer that the setup with the IR-eye a) indeed works and b) allows for an easier selection of source inputs than the mere tapping on the wheelie to select next. This may be beneficial to some.

I will say that it was quite a chore to get so far. Copenhagen dealers are not what they ought to be, whereas the Danish province has good stores.

I will be having three essences installed this way soon in addition to some other stuff. Can't wait.
Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member

StKong:
it was at last confirmed to me last week via Struer that the setup with the IR-eye a) indeed works and b) allows for an easier selection of source inputs than the mere tapping on the wheelie to select next. This may be beneficial to some.

This was the actual reason why I do not want the "wheelie".

I have some existing very good sounding B&W ceiling speakers in our kitchen who are until now always have been part of a ML system. We spend a lot of time in the kitchen listening to some background music from the radio and news reports. Sometimes we do want to listen also at news reports on TV. 

The ML system was a very fine system and it all worked very well with the Passive + Ir-eye in choosing all kind of sources. But we have two growing daughters who spend a lot of time in the bathroom and want to listen also to their own music. In a ML system you can only listen to ONE source in the whole system and we did't want to listen any longer in the kitchen to our daughters music. So it was a conflict every day in morning and evening times.

The best solution to get some peace was; let the daughters have the old ML system to listen to and install our own separate NL system in the kitchen. 

As above explained we wanted to listen to different sources in an easy way again and only a Essence combination with Ir-eye and Beoremote One can provide you with this comfort, if you are not a fan of using mobiles or tablets in changing sources. 

With the newly mounted IR-eye + BEO4 combination you have a very easy way of changing sources of the Essence. The only shortcoming: you can not activate a Beolink product, therefore you need again a Beomusic app on a mobile or tablet.

To give us again the comfort we where used to earlier, I had to invest in a additional Beoremote One for activation of Beolink sources. 

Now we have or own system in the kitchen, with the same comfort and easy way of operation as the old one ML system used to give us. Hereby a pic how it’s installed in the kitchen. Wait, do I hear some Rap music coming out of the bathroom…?

jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 394
Bronze Member
jans replied on Sat, Jan 28 2017 8:24 AM
Chris

Nice setup! I guess you are still using the Passive to drive your in-ceiling speakers.

For a kitchen I would also prefer a IR eye which has a wired connection to the Essence rather than a Wheelie which is wirelessly coupled. Seems far more robust to me!
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Thanks Chris,

that it works and how it basicly works etc and the chart, which Bjørn kindly posted above, is welknown.

It is a solution, that I have advocated for a long time.

I didn't have any possibilty for using it this way at my place (maybe that will change some time?).

So, all I wanted was a real-life feedback from someone, who actually has the ir-eye installed and use it.

As I understand, you would recommend using a BROne - the Beo4 probably is a bit too limited?

Something that those interested should consider, when it comes to total cost of the setup.....that is, if they need to consider such matters ;-)

MM

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sat, Jan 28 2017 10:25 AM

Millemissen:

As I understand, you would recommend using a BROne - the Beo4 probably is a bit too limited?

The only limitation appearing on using a Beo4 with the Essence is, you can NOT use it to activate link sources on the Essence. The chart shows this also, but unbeliever as I am. Tried every possible key combination without results.

We are not interested in seeing, but we are so used to listen occasionally at the sound from the TV-set (News) who stands in the living room, so at last I had to buy the Beoremote One to make activation of this link possible.

Now we have the comfort back we had with the old ML-link.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sat, Jan 28 2017 11:08 AM

That table back a page was useful so I did a quick search and here it is in English:  (I like the 'When in China' comment Smile)

How do I activate sources using BeoRemote One or Beo4?

This applies to BeoSound Essence 2nd generation with IR-eye and BeoSound 35.

You must select if you want to operate your BeoSound with either BeoRemote One or Beo4, you cannot use both randomly.

To operate BeoSound Essence 2nd generation with IR-eye and BeoSound 35 with BeoRemote One, you must set the BeoRemote One in Product Option 'BeoSound'.
Refer to BeoRemote One User Guide for more information.

To use Beo4, you must set the audio system in A.OPT 1.

Set A.OPT 1 with Beo4…
Point the Beo4 remote control at the IR-receiver of the audio system.

• While holding down the • button, press LIST.
  • Let go of both buttons.
  • Press LIST repeatedly until OPTION? is shown in the Beo4 display and press GO.
  • Press LIST repeatedly until A.OPT is shown in the Beo4 display and then press the number button 1.

Source or function

BeoRemote One  Beo4
 BLUETOOTH  Press MUSIC and select BLUETOOTH.*  Not applicable.
 DEEZER  Press MUSIC and highlight DEEZER.*  
Press the centre button to switch on the source.
 Not applicable.
 JOIN  Press LIST and select JOIN.  Press LIST repeatedly to bring up JOIN in the display.
 LINE-IN  Press MUSIC and select LINE IN.*  Press LIST repeatedly to bring up A.AUX in the display.
 MUSIC  Press MUSIC and select MUSIC*
 The combined Deezer and DLNA play queue.
 Press LIST repeatedly to bring up A.MEM in the display.
 QPLAY  Press MUSIC and select QPLAY.*
 When in China.
 Press LIST repeatedly to bring up N.MUSIC in the display.
 SPOTIFY  Press MUSIC and select SPOTIFY.*  Press LIST repeatedly to bring up CD or SPOTIFY in the display.
 TUNEIN  Press MUSIC and select TUNEIN (or RADIO).*
 Last played station.
 Press RADIO.
 MyButton**  Switch on the source you have dedicated to the MyButton.  Not applicable.
 Image  Available link sources for your setup.  Not applicable.

* The sources are only shown if you have added them to the list in the BeoRemote One. See the BeoRemote One online guide for more information.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sat, Jan 28 2017 11:12 AM

So a related question if I may (probably for Chris): If you select 'TuneIn' on the Essence using the Beo4, can you then change station/programme using the number buttons?

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member
riverstyx replied on Sat, Jan 28 2017 2:05 PM

For an installation where the essence box is located some distance away from the room (perhaps in a central cupboard) and is therefore out of range of for bluetooth, the IR eye is also a good option (even if not using a remote). The buttons on the eye allow you to choose your source, and adjust volume, the only thing you can't do (which you can do with the wheely remote) is to skip tracks / change radio stations.

The reason I say 'even if not using a remote' is that you can of course use the beomusic app for the extra functions.

Martin.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Guy:

So a related question if I may (probably for Chris): If you select 'TuneIn' on the Essence using the Beo4, can you then change station/programme using the number buttons?

That could be my question too - although I don't 'think' that this is possible, since the stations are not numbered using TuneIn.

One possible solution would be to use the MyButtons/BROne for 1 or more of the stations in the TuneIn list.

So, if Chris could play around ;-) with his BeoRemoteOne a bit, we might get an answer there.

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Bjørn S. Andersen:

Would be nice, if you could do that - especially the part about using the MyButtons is interesting.

MM

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sat, Jan 28 2017 7:38 PM

Guy:

Yes, you can with the Beo4. Activate radio on the Beo4 and change a station by pushing a number or use the up down button. Station numbering is related to the order you give them on your TuneIn user website.

You only need an Beoremote One to activate a Link source, this won't work with the Beo4. You can off course use also the Beomusic app for activating a Link source.

To put everything again in a row:

a)  A daily operation of only the Essence sources (without Link sources) works perfectly with the Beo4 + IR-eye.

B)  Daily operation of Essence sources (with any Link sources) works perfectly with the Beo4 + IR-eye + Beomusic app.

C)  If you want to use the Essence sources AND any Link sources from the comfort of a remote, you need the Beoremote One + IR-eye.

Millemissen:
One possible solution would be to use the MyButtons/BROne for 1 or more of the stations in the TuneIn list.

You can add any source (sources from the Essence or sources from Link products) to the four MyButtons. Also the possibility to add Matrix sources (Atlona?) but NOT a specific radiostation who is behind a number on your remote.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sat, Jan 28 2017 7:50 PM

Thanks very much indeed Chris.  That's all very clear, and very useful to know.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Chris:

Millemissen:

You can add any source (sources from the Essence or sources from Link products) to the four MyButtons. Also the possibility to add Matrix sources (Atlona?) but NOT a specific radiostation who is behind a number on your remote.

Thanks - would have been nice to be able to do that, though ;-)

And thanks for the helpfull explanation in general.

MM

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sun, Jan 29 2017 11:19 AM

jans:
Nice setup! I guess you are still using the Passive to drive your in-ceiling speakers.

For a kitchen I would also prefer a IR eye which has a wired connection to the Essence rather than a Wheelie which is wirelessly coupled. Seems far more robust to me!

Hi Jans,

Indeed, I'm actually still using the Passive to drive our B&W ceiling speakers. You also want to get the Passive in standby when the Essence is not in use. Therefore you need a special NL-cable between the Essence and the Passive.

The cable you need is part number 6271225 from B&O. I suppose there is a 22ohm resistor present in the Din plug to activate the Passive's standby function.

dreammer
Not Ranked
Posts 24
Bronze Member
dreammer replied on Sun, Jan 29 2017 2:26 PM

Sorry to go off topic.

Chris, by any chance have you used to BeoRemote One with Moment before? Does it control the same way as Essence?

Wee

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member

dreammer:

Sorry to go off topic.

Chris, by any chance have you used to BeoRemote One with Moment before? Does it control the same way as Essence?

Wee

No haven't tried it, BeoSound Moment is mainly designed for close-up operation using the interface (Jukebox). But looking at a chart there is no difference except for the exclusive Moments function PatternPlay.

jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 394
Bronze Member
jans replied on Sun, Jan 29 2017 5:16 PM
Chris

Thanks for the info.

I have a similar setup for my son. I am driving the speakers in his kitchen from a Beoplay V1 through a MCL2P. Works like a charm!

With the speaker groups he can select between Multi-room, Kitchen or Living.

Greetings

Jan
dreammer
Not Ranked
Posts 24
Bronze Member
dreammer replied on Tue, Jan 31 2017 1:00 PM

Chris,

Thank you very much for the information.

The manual on the B&O website does not have this information. Just wish that the Essence can connect using BT rather than IR.

Wee 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

dreammer:

Chris,

The manual on the B&O website does not have this information. 

Wee 

You can find that (and more) in the FAQ's on the B&O website: Costumer Service ->

MM

dreammer
Not Ranked
Posts 24
Bronze Member
dreammer replied on Tue, Jan 31 2017 2:50 PM

Thanks MM

phult
Not Ranked
Posts 51
Bronze Member
phult replied on Tue, Jan 31 2017 6:01 PM

Does anyone know if you can have the IR eye hardwired AND have a wheely remote working at the same time off the same Essence?

Thank you

Philip

egges
Top 500 Contributor
germoney
Posts 303
Bronze Member
egges replied on Tue, Jan 31 2017 6:40 PM

phult:

Does anyone know if you can have the IR eye hardwired AND have a wheely remote working at the same time off the same Essence?

Thank you

Philip

yes, it's even the recommended workaround in case the wheely looses the bluetooth connection much too often

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound +  appleTV 4K und Philips BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (imac, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Aussie Michael Posted: Fri, Jan 27 2017 7:56 PM
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

You'd need the optional ir-eye for that.

MM

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Fri, Jan 27 2017 8:48 PM

Aussie Michael:

Hi Michael,

I just finished a renovation of my kitchen and installed the Essence MKII with a passive and ceiling speakers.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Hi Chris, 

interesting - congrats on the finished 'project'.

Could you tell us a bit more of how you use it?

MM

Bjørn S. Andersen
Not Ranked
Denmark, Næstved
Posts 12
Bronze Member

If you wanna use the BeoRemote One to turn on the BSE Mk II You need the IR eye 

http://pasteboard.co/rhByFrELL.png

/ Bjørn Andersen

Bjørn S. Andersen
Not Ranked
Denmark, Næstved
Posts 12
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

MM

Its the same just easy to install the Bluetooth remote no wires :D
But i think you can call the source like Tunein or deezer direct. '

/Bjørn Andersen

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Chris:

Hi Michael,

I just finished a renovation of my kitchen and installed the Essence MKII with a passive and ceiling speakers.

Chris wow. Nice one. Is this for multi room music or for surround sound?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Thanks Bjørn,

MM

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Thanks guys.

Looks like I will have to buy an IR eye when I can afford one.

Thanks.
Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Bjørn S. Andersen:

Its the same just easy to install the Bluetooth remote no wires :D But i think you can call the source like Tunein or deezer direct. '

/Bjørn Andersen

Bjørn S. Andersen
Not Ranked
Denmark, Næstved
Posts 12
Bronze Member

Aussie Michael:

The wheely is optional yes,

And you can also use the BeoMusic app to controle it.

Bjørn S. Andersen
Not Ranked
Denmark, Næstved
Posts 12
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

Thanks Bjørn,

MM

New info

When the IR eye is on the get this list of sources whit the remotes.

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
Posts 320
Bronze Member
StKong replied on Sat, Jan 28 2017 12:23 AM
Millemissen:

Thanks Bjørn,

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

After quite specific and insisting inquiries with two different dealers - also based on input from this forum - it was at last confirmed to me last week via Struer that the setup with the IR-eye a) indeed works and b) allows for an easier selection of source inputs than the mere tapping on the wheelie to select next. This may be beneficial to some.

I will say that it was quite a chore to get so far. Copenhagen dealers are not what they ought to be, whereas the Danish province has good stores.

I will be having three essences installed this way soon in addition to some other stuff. Can't wait.
Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member

StKong:
it was at last confirmed to me last week via Struer that the setup with the IR-eye a) indeed works and b) allows for an easier selection of source inputs than the mere tapping on the wheelie to select next. This may be beneficial to some.

This was the actual reason why I do not want the "wheelie".

I have some existing very good sounding B&W ceiling speakers in our kitchen who are until now always have been part of a ML system. We spend a lot of time in the kitchen listening to some background music from the radio and news reports. Sometimes we do want to listen also at news reports on TV. 

The ML system was a very fine system and it all worked very well with the Passive + Ir-eye in choosing all kind of sources. But we have two growing daughters who spend a lot of time in the bathroom and want to listen also to their own music. In a ML system you can only listen to ONE source in the whole system and we did't want to listen any longer in the kitchen to our daughters music. So it was a conflict every day in morning and evening times.

The best solution to get some peace was; let the daughters have the old ML system to listen to and install our own separate NL system in the kitchen. 

As above explained we wanted to listen to different sources in an easy way again and only a Essence combination with Ir-eye and Beoremote One can provide you with this comfort, if you are not a fan of using mobiles or tablets in changing sources. 

With the newly mounted IR-eye + BEO4 combination you have a very easy way of changing sources of the Essence. The only shortcoming: you can not activate a Beolink product, therefore you need again a Beomusic app on a mobile or tablet.

To give us again the comfort we where used to earlier, I had to invest in a additional Beoremote One for activation of Beolink sources. 

Now we have or own system in the kitchen, with the same comfort and easy way of operation as the old one ML system used to give us. Hereby a pic how it’s installed in the kitchen. Wait, do I hear some Rap music coming out of the bathroom…?

jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 394
Bronze Member
jans replied on Sat, Jan 28 2017 8:24 AM
Chris

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Thanks Chris,

that it works and how it basicly works etc and the chart, which Bjørn kindly posted above, is welknown.

It is a solution, that I have advocated for a long time.

I didn't have any possibilty for using it this way at my place (maybe that will change some time?).

So, all I wanted was a real-life feedback from someone, who actually has the ir-eye installed and use it.

Something that those interested should consider, when it comes to total cost of the setup.....that is, if they need to consider such matters ;-)

MM

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sat, Jan 28 2017 10:25 AM

Millemissen:

The only limitation appearing on using a Beo4 with the Essence is, you can NOT use it to activate link sources on the Essence. The chart shows this also, but unbeliever as I am. Tried every possible key combination without results.

We are not interested in seeing, but we are so used to listen occasionally at the sound from the TV-set (News) who stands in the living room, so at last I had to buy the Beoremote One to make activation of this link possible.

Now we have the comfort back we had with the old ML-link.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sat, Jan 28 2017 11:08 AM

That table back a page was useful so I did a quick search and here it is in English:  (I like the 'When in China' comment Smile)

How do I activate sources using BeoRemote One or Beo4?

This applies to BeoSound Essence 2nd generation with IR-eye and BeoSound 35.

You must select if you want to operate your BeoSound with either BeoRemote One or Beo4, you cannot use both randomly.

To operate BeoSound Essence 2nd generation with IR-eye and BeoSound 35 with BeoRemote One, you must set the BeoRemote One in Product Option 'BeoSound'.
Refer to BeoRemote One User Guide for more information.

To use Beo4, you must set the audio system in A.OPT 1.

Set A.OPT 1 with Beo4…
Point the Beo4 remote control at the IR-receiver of the audio system.

• While holding down the • button, press LIST.
  • Let go of both buttons.
  • Press LIST repeatedly until OPTION? is shown in the Beo4 display and press GO.
  • Press LIST repeatedly until A.OPT is shown in the Beo4 display and then press the number button 1.

Source or function

BeoRemote One  Beo4
 BLUETOOTH  Press MUSIC and select BLUETOOTH.*  Not applicable.
 DEEZER  Press MUSIC and highlight DEEZER.*  
 Not applicable.
 JOIN  Press LIST and select JOIN.  Press LIST repeatedly to bring up JOIN in the display.
 LINE-IN  Press MUSIC and select LINE IN.*  Press LIST repeatedly to bring up A.AUX in the display.
 MUSIC  Press MUSIC and select MUSIC*
 The combined Deezer and DLNA play queue.
 Press LIST repeatedly to bring up A.MEM in the display.
 QPLAY  Press MUSIC and select QPLAY.*
 When in China.
 Press LIST repeatedly to bring up N.MUSIC in the display.
 SPOTIFY  Press MUSIC and select SPOTIFY.*  Press LIST repeatedly to bring up CD or SPOTIFY in the display.
 TUNEIN  Press MUSIC and select TUNEIN (or RADIO).*
 Last played station.
 Press RADIO.
 MyButton**  Switch on the source you have dedicated to the MyButton.  Not applicable.
 Image  Available link sources for your setup.  Not applicable.

* The sources are only shown if you have added them to the list in the BeoRemote One. See the BeoRemote One online guide for more information.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sat, Jan 28 2017 11:12 AM

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member
riverstyx replied on Sat, Jan 28 2017 2:05 PM

For an installation where the essence box is located some distance away from the room (perhaps in a central cupboard) and is therefore out of range of for bluetooth, the IR eye is also a good option (even if not using a remote). The buttons on the eye allow you to choose your source, and adjust volume, the only thing you can't do (which you can do with the wheely remote) is to skip tracks / change radio stations.

The reason I say 'even if not using a remote' is that you can of course use the beomusic app for the extra functions.

Martin.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Guy:

That could be my question too - although I don't 'think' that this is possible, since the stations are not numbered using TuneIn.

So, if Chris could play around ;-) with his BeoRemoteOne a bit, we might get an answer there.

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Bjørn S. Andersen:

Would be nice, if you could do that - especially the part about using the MyButtons is interesting.

MM

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sat, Jan 28 2017 7:38 PM

Guy:

Yes, you can with the Beo4. Activate radio on the Beo4 and change a station by pushing a number or use the up down button. Station numbering is related to the order you give them on your TuneIn user website.

You only need an Beoremote One to activate a Link source, this won't work with the Beo4. You can off course use also the Beomusic app for activating a Link source.

To put everything again in a row:

a)  A daily operation of only the Essence sources (without Link sources) works perfectly with the Beo4 + IR-eye.

B)  Daily operation of Essence sources (with any Link sources) works perfectly with the Beo4 + IR-eye + Beomusic app.

C)  If you want to use the Essence sources AND any Link sources from the comfort of a remote, you need the Beoremote One + IR-eye.

Millemissen:

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sat, Jan 28 2017 7:50 PM

Thanks very much indeed Chris.  That's all very clear, and very useful to know.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Chris:

Millemissen:

Thanks - would have been nice to be able to do that, though ;-)

And thanks for the helpfull explanation in general.

MM

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sun, Jan 29 2017 11:19 AM

jans:

Hi Jans,

Indeed, I'm actually still using the Passive to drive our B&W ceiling speakers. You also want to get the Passive in standby when the Essence is not in use. Therefore you need a special NL-cable between the Essence and the Passive.

The cable you need is part number 6271225 from B&O. I suppose there is a 22ohm resistor present in the Din plug to activate the Passive's standby function.

dreammer
Not Ranked
Posts 24
Bronze Member
dreammer replied on Sun, Jan 29 2017 2:26 PM

Sorry to go off topic.

Wee

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member

dreammer:

Sorry to go off topic.

Wee

No haven't tried it, BeoSound Moment is mainly designed for close-up operation using the interface (Jukebox). But looking at a chart there is no difference except for the exclusive Moments function PatternPlay.

jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 394
Bronze Member
jans replied on Sun, Jan 29 2017 5:16 PM
Chris

Thanks for the info.

I have a similar setup for my son. I am driving the speakers in his kitchen from a Beoplay V1 through a MCL2P. Works like a charm!

With the speaker groups he can select between Multi-room, Kitchen or Living.

Greetings

Jan
dreammer
Not Ranked
Posts 24
Bronze Member
dreammer replied on Tue, Jan 31 2017 1:00 PM

Chris,

The manual on the B&O website does not have this information. Just wish that the Essence can connect using BT rather than IR.

Wee 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

dreammer:

Chris,

The manual on the B&O website does not have this information. 

Wee 

You can find that (and more) in the FAQ's on the B&O website: Costumer Service ->

MM

dreammer
Not Ranked
Posts 24
Bronze Member
dreammer replied on Tue, Jan 31 2017 2:50 PM

Thanks MM

phult
Not Ranked
Posts 51
Bronze Member
phult replied on Tue, Jan 31 2017 6:01 PM

Thank you

Philip

egges
Top 500 Contributor
germoney
Posts 303
Bronze Member
egges replied on Tue, Jan 31 2017 6:40 PM

phult:

Thank you

Philip

yes, it's even the recommended workaround in case the wheely looses the bluetooth connection much too often

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound +  appleTV 4K und Philips BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (imac, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

Page 1 of 1 (34 items) | RSS