Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 3200 CD spindle hub removal

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

NemFeri
Not Ranked
UK
Posts 3
Bronze Member
NemFeri Posted: Wed, Dec 22 2021 10:55 PM

Hello members.

I have some problem with my Beosound 3200 CD spindle motor. When a CD inserted then pressed play the CD start spinning but not at normal speed and strange rattling sounds coming out of it, like something stuck under the hub or inside the motor. When I tried to turn the spindle by hand there is some kind of resistance and turning unevenly with a grinding noise. There is no vertical or horizontal play on the motor, feels normal but something is definitely wrong there. I like to remove the motor for checking it but the screws  hide under the spindle hub . Please help me to find a way to safely remove the centering hub. The mechanism is VAU 1255/21LF and I can't find any information how to dismantle/remove the spindle motor.

Thanks in advance.

sumilux
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Bronze Member
sumilux replied on Mon, Dec 27 2021 2:33 PM

There is a magnet below the hub which is the likely cause. It completely jammed the mechanism on mine. I assumed it was the motor, even ordered a replacement. Turns out the hub isn’t held on by a screw / grub. Just lift it off the spindle motor shaft evenly by gently wedging two wide spudgers or screw driver heads under it on either side. 

My magnet was covered in a thick layer of metal dust and filings. Gave it a good clean with isoprophyl alcohol and glued it back with superglue mixed with a touch of baking soda. 

Only thing to note is when fitting the hub back on the spindle don’t push it all the way back down as slightly uneven CD’s can rub which is most annoying. 

NemFeri
Not Ranked
UK
Posts 3
Bronze Member
NemFeri replied on Tue, Dec 28 2021 9:56 PM

Hi, spot on, exactly same problem. Following advice I pulled off the hub and find that tiny magnet covered with thick magnetic dust particles, possibly the magnet ground by the rotating hub. I hope the laser still working as it tried to spin the CD but because this blockage never reached correct speed. Thank you for this very helpful advice.

sumilux
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Bronze Member
sumilux replied on Wed, Dec 29 2021 12:40 AM

Delighted I could help. Took me a bit of time to finally just lift the hub and what a relief it want a faulty motor. I was hoping the magnet might be a clever design trick to return the disk to the same position as when loaded but alas no. Maybe there to attract metal dust that would otherwise end up in places it shouldn’t go. Mine has been playing great but I had to lift the spindle a fraction after i discovered rubbing with some cd’s.  Great sounding player, I love mine. 

Enjoy 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS