Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

How to setup Essence Mk1 help

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

garrard301
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Bronze Member
garrard301 Posted: Wed, Feb 23 2022 12:33 AM

I have recently purchased an Essence Mk1 (no remote) to use with my Beomaster 7000 system, and purchased the correct cable from Heavenly Sounds.

I haven't the faintest idea how to set it up - I have the minimal B&O instructions (they must have taught IKEA...) but that doesn't help, and the only Beo android app now is so confusing I don't know where to start.

I can connect it direct to LAN, but I also have android wireless and Bluetooth devices I could use.

Any plain-language guidance would be very gratefully received.

Mark

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Hard to tell if this is ‘plain-language guidance’ enough!

Did you already download and try the regular Bang & Olufsen app?

Otherweise you could try to download the ‘Beotool’ app.

If you have the Essence MK1 connected to your router you should be able to see the ip adress of the device.

Write this ip adress in to a browser and you now should be able to access the webinterface of the MK1.

Since the older tools/apps do not work/excist anymore, this is a way to access the settings.

However, there is not much to do there:

You can rename it, connect it to a wireless accesspoint on your home network (probably what you want) and search for updates (there maybe will not be any)……….

As for TuneIn, please see here:

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/31004.aspx

I can’t promise, that it is working

I hope you get your Essence MK1 up and working….it still can be used, especially when you use Airplay for streaming audio.

Should you have the option of letting it stay hardwired, please prefer that.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

garrard301
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Bronze Member

MM - thanks so much.

After over an hour of frustration, I have finally got the essence connected to my wireless system, and it's showing up as such. Thanks so much for the initial advice!

Now I haven't the faintest idea how to stream music to it, but at this stage my frustration level is enough for the day. Any suggestions you have will be gratefully received. 

Thanks, from another MM!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Since you do not mention anything about which mobile phone/tablet/computer, you use on a daily basis - and also not, what you had in mind, when you bought the Essence MK1 - it is hard to give any advice.

However, you did mentio ‘Android wireless and bluetooth’, so I may assume, that you do not use an iDevice (iPhone/iPad).
Airplay is basicly only available from Apple devices.

This leaves you with bluetooth for streaming.
You can also - if you have music files somewhere in your home network (on a computer or on a NAS) use DLNA, which is supported by the Essence MK1, to stream the music to the box.

A bit more information from you would make it easier to make suggestions.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

garrard301
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Bronze Member
garrard301 replied on Wed, Feb 23 2022 10:53 PM

I was hoping to stream from my Galaxy S8 phone or my Samsung tablet to the Essence.

I also when I bought it thought I could stream using Bluetooth, but I can't pair anything, and as far as I can see the pairing button is only for the Bluetooth remote, not for anything else (at least, nothing shows up at all if I invoke the pairing button, and there are no B&O instructions for pairing anything else).

I did succeed in download the older BeoMusic app, and with that actually got my phone connected, and the essence played one item from my Android library through the essence and the Beomaster 7000 - it sounded very good. But then I could not get the app to pair properly again.

I could, of course, attach a Bluetooth receiver to the Essence line ins, but that rather negates the point of having the essence!

I will continue to try again later, and also see if I can sort out TuneIn Radio - I can log on successfully, but not start a radio station - I'll look through that thread.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS