Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoCenter 2300 dead after opening it

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

JoDap
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
JoDap Posted: Sat, Feb 8 2020 10:40 PM

Hi,

I replaced the rubber belt that drives the glass doors on my BeoCenter 2300 (2616). I did it from the backside, so without unmounting any PCB. I even managed to not take the wires out: it turns out you can roll the rubber band through the cogs.

Anyway, I wanted to test if it worked, so I plugged the unit in while the back cover and glass doors were still off. As it got power, the light around the CD drive lit up about 1 s and then all was off. Completely dead. I didn't notice any sparks or funny smells or sounds. Just off. Now there is no light on and I can't get it to anything. Is there a safety mechanism that I triggered by plugging it in whitout cover?

Any suggestions?

Best regards

Johannes

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Sun, Feb 9 2020 8:24 AM

JoDap:

Hi,

I replaced the rubber belt that drives the glass doors on my BeoCenter 2300 (2616). I did it from the backside, so without unmounting any PCB. I even managed to not take the wires out: it turns out you can roll the rubber band through the cogs.

Anyway, I wanted to test if it worked, so I plugged the unit in while the back cover and glass doors were still off. As it got power, the light around the CD drive lit up about 1 s and then all was off. Completely dead. I didn't notice any sparks or funny smells or sounds. Just off. Now there is no light on and I can't get it to anything. Is there a safety mechanism that I triggered by plugging it in whitout cover?

Any suggestions?

Best regards

Johannes

There is no safety mechanism, without glass or cover. But something must have blown a fuse or a short circuit happened. Have you checked all connectors, and that you did not by accident pull one which is not correctly seated anymore ?

/Weebyx

JoDap
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
JoDap replied on Sun, Feb 9 2020 12:59 PM

From a first look it seems that everything is as it should be. The only wire I had to detach is a ground wire (I suppose it's ground) that sits on one of the screws holding the wire pulleys. That one I connected again. But of course I can't be 100% sure.

Could you please point me to the fuses so I can check them?

Best regards

Johannes

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Tue, Feb 11 2020 6:44 AM

JoDap:

From a first look it seems that everything is as it should be. The only wire I had to detach is a ground wire (I suppose it's ground) that sits on one of the screws holding the wire pulleys. That one I connected again. But of course I can't be 100% sure.

Could you please point me to the fuses so I can check them?

Best regards

Johannes

The fuses are located on the power supply board/same board that holds the connectors. when looking at the unit from behind without cover, the trafo is on the left, and you can see a black plastic cover. this can be clicked off, and behind that are the high voltage connections. There should be markings regarding fuses. 

/Weebyx

JoDap
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
JoDap replied on Wed, Feb 12 2020 6:31 AM

Tusind tak!

I'll check it out

JoDap
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
JoDap replied on Sat, Jul 4 2020 5:03 PM

Hi again,

So I finally had time to open it up again. I found out what caused the blown fuse (squeezed a wire) but I couldn't identify the fuse yet. I'm not sure I'm looking for the right thing, because I expected one of those glass cylinder things. 

Here is a photo of the board and a close up of the area under the plastic cover

Could anyone please mark on those photos where the fuse is? Or am I looking at the wrong board?

EDIT: I found them :) For reference if anyone else is having the same problem: the fuses are reddish cylinders on the back of the board shown in the picture (PCB2) directly below the transformer. I was lucky and blew F5 which can be replaced without soldering because it has a socket. The other fuses are soldered. 

Best regards,

Johannes

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS