Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Converter between Beolab 5 and Core

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
Posts 125
Bronze Member
Rudi Pedersen Posted: Thu, Dec 27 2018 9:43 PM

Hi

I use now the Beosound Core as the driver for my Beolab 5.

Does anyone know an high-end and best quality converter in between the Core and Beolab 5 to convert from Optical (the Core) to SPDIF (Beolab 5)

Thanks

Best regards Rudi

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 164
Bronze Member
andybandy replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 11:36 PM

You can use powerlink from the core, together witht he optical out. so out dont need the sync cable. 

Powerlink from the core to the first speaker, and powerlink betwhin them. Remember to use the full powerlink conntected. because its the data on the powerlink that is need to use. to volume controll the speaker true the core. 

Dante
Top 500 Contributor
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts 163
Bronze Member
Dante replied on Fri, Dec 28 2018 4:20 AM

Any Toslink/Spdif converter accepting 88.2 or higher signals will work fine. It doesn't have to be high-end...

pauljrog
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 92
Bronze Member
pauljrog replied on Fri, Dec 28 2018 6:51 AM

So, just to confirm, if you want to use the Beolab 5 Without using powerlink cables you connect the digital cables to them, and a sync cable, and use the beo4 remote direct to the speakers to control volume??

gysse2004
Top 500 Contributor
Hellerup
Posts 192
Bronze Member
gysse2004 replied on Fri, Dec 28 2018 9:15 AM

Hi Rudi, I now have Beolab 50, but previous owner of bl5. I am using MAudio Co2, coax/optical converter for years. Very good sound quality. And build quality. 

Peter

Beovision eclipse 65, Beolab 50, Beolab 18, Beovision 11, Beolab 3, Beolab 2, BeoVision 10, MLGW, BeoLink converter Nl/Ml, Beosound 5, BLGW

gysse2004
Top 500 Contributor
Hellerup
Posts 192
Bronze Member
gysse2004 replied on Fri, Dec 28 2018 9:33 AM

Be aware though, if you don’t have an Audio Master, ie beosound, beosystem 3, the Bl5 will not be controlled by Powerlink, you have to change option on the speaker then, to open the sp/dif.

peter

Beovision eclipse 65, Beolab 50, Beolab 18, Beovision 11, Beolab 3, Beolab 2, BeoVision 10, MLGW, BeoLink converter Nl/Ml, Beosound 5, BLGW

Maniax
Not Ranked
Singapore
Posts 21
Bronze Member
Maniax replied on Sat, Dec 29 2018 9:19 PM

I have 3 questions:

1. Can I connect the Beolab 5 with both the powerlink as well as the digital out through a converter?

2. Will the Core use powerlink to power on and change the volume of the speaker, while providing a digital signal to the speaker while streaming?

3. What happens if I put my turntable output into the Core’s analog input? Will the signal be converted to digital out to the Beolab 5, or passed through as an analog signal along the Powerlink?

Thank you knowledgeable gurus!

Beolab 5 Final Edition, Beosound Moment

Klas Hesselman
Not Ranked
Singapore
Posts 11
Bronze Member

Did you ever get this figured out (#1 & #2)

kawo
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 148
Bronze Member
kawo replied on Tue, May 19 2020 2:43 PM

I have the BL5 and the Core as well, controlled by by a Remote One.

In the beginning I used Powerlink and Digital in parallel with the little converter box. I did not change any setting at the BL5 from my previous setup with a BS9000. So worked, only downside, with the digital input the sound was quite low and I had to turn the volume up dramatically. With analoge behaved as expected. Beoremote One and App work as advertised, no need for an extra audio master or sync cable and extra Beo4 to control volume.

In my setup I heard this clicking sound as well without the digital connection, but is was so low that it did not bother me, currently I am running the setup without the digital connection.

Teyelvis
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Bronze Member
Teyelvis replied on Fri, Dec 10 2021 11:18 AM

Hi. I have bm5, core and beolab5, can anyone advise what’s the best way to connect them together for optimal performance? Thanks I’m advance  

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS