Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 5 does not connect to the internet

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

rboem
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
rboem Posted: Wed, Dec 27 2017 8:54 PM

Dear forum members-

I have just almost successfully set-up my new 2nd life beosound 5 with beomaster 5. The wireless linksys usb adapter has established a connection to my internet router and an ip/mac adress has been assiged. I can find the Beomaster as a connected device on my internet router and I have also suscessfully pinged it. But the beomaster does not connect to the internet. In the set-up menu it says alongside the internet connection NO and if I go into the Windows XP service menu and try the test internet connection icon which attempts to connect to http://www.bang-olufsen.com it does not connect.

I'd be gratefull if anyone can help me with tips?

Many thanks, Roberto

philk
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
philk replied on Thu, May 3 2018 3:06 PM

Hi Roberto

Did you ever fix this? I am having the exact same problem. Connects to my wifi router (can do it via wifi and direct ethernet cable link) but cannot connect to the internet.

Thanks 

Phil

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,562
Bronze Member
kallasr replied on Thu, May 3 2018 3:17 PM

What is an internet connection used for?

I read the service for cd covers and naming of files is offline.

Spotify / Deezer not supported anymore...

Tune-in only service left?

Please let us know what you want to connect to.

Thanks.

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Sony KD-85XH9096
Dining Room: Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 4000 on stands, fed by Amazon Echo Show 8
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-4 (Center), Beolab 1 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears). Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beosystem 3, Beolab 7-4, Beolab 5000, Screen: Sony KD-55XH9005 on Beovision 7-40 stand, ML to Beosound 9000 MK3 and Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 (1 TB SSD version)
Bedroom: Sony KD-65XH9077, Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)

In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

philk
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
philk replied on Fri, May 4 2018 6:12 AM

Hi

I listen to the radio but most importantly transfer my itunes/mediaplayer downloads via Beoconnect. Previously I had no issue but now the network connection status on the Beomaster is "No" (despite being connected via wifi adapter) and Beoconnect cannot connect even though it is finding the Beo's IP address on the network.

many thanks

Phil

philk
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
philk replied on Fri, May 4 2018 2:40 PM

I think my problem regarding connecting to the network is that my PC is now a Win 10 and doesn't have SMBv1 installed, so it can't connect to the old WinXp running on the BM. Had to work around it by manually copying files to a flash drive and copying them into the music folder on the BM via the system menu.

AlainCallebaut
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

From what I found on the BeoMaster, I believe it is running Windows 2000, and not XP. But that doesn't make a big difference, it needs SMBv1 indeed. 

To connect to it from a Windows 10 machine, you can enable SMBv1 Client on your Windows 10. On your Windows 10 Configuration, go to Remove Programs (even if it is to Add something). Go to Enable/Disable Windows Components and look for Support for SMB 1.0/CIFS for File Sharing. Expand the option and select SMB 1.0/CIFS-client (no need for server). After that, you can connect to your BeoMaster 5 server. 

It's a shame that B&O doesn't update the BeoMaster software anymore and leaves their customers in the cold. 

If they terminate support, they should at least provide the source code of the system to their customers, so we can maintain it ourself. 

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Fri, Jan 11 2019 5:37 PM

AlainCallebaut:

From what I found on the BeoMaster, I believe it is running Windows 2000, and not XP. But that doesn't make a big difference, it needs SMBv1 indeed. 

To connect to it from a Windows 10 machine, you can enable SMBv1 Client on your Windows 10. On your Windows 10 Configuration, go to Remove Programs (even if it is to Add something). Go to Enable/Disable Windows Components and look for Support for SMB 1.0/CIFS for File Sharing. Expand the option and select SMB 1.0/CIFS-client (no need for server). After that, you can connect to your BeoMaster 5 server. 

It's a shame that B&O doesn't update the BeoMaster software anymore and leaves their customers in the cold. 

If they terminate support, they should at least provide the source code of the system to their customers, so we can maintain it ourself. 

Yes, thats b&o!

Aleksei
Top 500 Contributor
Russia
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Aleksei replied on Fri, Jan 11 2019 7:31 PM

In my case it was like you have described from the beginning, but radio and updates worked OK. Until recently.

https://beointegration.wordpress.com/

1:BV7+BL7.1+BS4+BL6000+BV6+BL2000+MLGW+Beo4

2:BV7+BL7.4+BL3500+BM5+BL3+Lutron GE/Sivoia QS+HikVision+Dune+LinTronic+BLGW+Beo4+Beo5+Essence remote+BeoTime+BeoLinkPC+BL4+KNX+... BeoMaster900

Teyelvis
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Bronze Member

Has anyone got the internet working again? Thanks 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS