Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound5/Beomaster 5 Service tool

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 5 Followers

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
Posts 624
Founder
frog Posted: Thu, Jan 16 2020 3:41 PM

Hi,

Remove this if not allowed, but as the BM/BS5 are now discontinued by B&O, to recover from a failed disk or motherboard you need the service tool. I got this from Gerard, but he couldn't put it in a easily accessible place.

It can be found here:

https://rapidgator.net/file/8c4a5985b0c5112b1afc058c7c1f3ace/BS5-BM5_ST.zip.html

It's 1.7GB in size

In addition, here is the software to allow Airplay to be active on the system - Shairport:

https://rapidgator.net/file/38ea03b1846b0d67f37086f16893de77/SP4W88_Setup.exe.html

and finally, a troubleshooting guide and  the Firefox browser that will work on the system

https://rapidgator.net/file/a94302c60e9558653ebe98e19cfcba14/Beosound_5_N.Radio_troubleshoot.pdf.html

https://rapidgator.net/file/6d16cc9ac904fc2886679683613e8f9e/firefox-52.9.1.en-US.win32.installer.exe.html
Essentially all the files you need to bring a broken system up and have it work.
tkl95
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
tkl95 replied on Mon, Jan 27 2020 1:16 PM

links are not working

Douglas
Not Ranked
Edinburgh & Essen, Germany
Posts 58
Bronze Member

Hi Frog , how do I open and install a Bin file.

Yours Douglas

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
Posts 624
Founder
frog replied on Thu, Mar 5 2020 6:51 PM

The bin file is a disk image that you write onto a USB key. You use the writing tool to do that. Google the use of the writing tool (although there are instructions in the file you downloaded.

Douglas
Not Ranked
Edinburgh & Essen, Germany
Posts 58
Bronze Member

Thanks

lurkster
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
lurkster replied on Thu, Jan 6 2022 12:35 PM

Hi

Got the servicetool downloaded and extracted to usb, booted up "Beomaster 5 Maintenance Tool" up just fine..

BUT i need a working hdd to install this new hdd - and the old hdd is 100% dead.

Do you know where I can get the "base os" installation ? so the new hdd can get the os installed ?

Fingers crossed..

Casper

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
Posts 624
Founder
frog replied on Thu, Jan 6 2022 1:01 PM

As far as I remember, the service tool has a complete image of the disk, so you don’t need an existing one. You have all you need. 

lurkster
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

Hmmm weird, you know how to install it then ?

Im booting from the usb 

Greets

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
Posts 624
Founder
frog replied on Thu, Jan 6 2022 6:09 PM

Yes, boot from the usb. There is options to clone or create a new disk. You need to copy the serial number from the motherboard onto the new disk when it has created it. There is a button for that. 

lurkster
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

I dont have that option

I only have these

Clone system drive (grayed out because no systemdrive is in the pc)

Clone entire hdd - fails because only target is working

update bm5 bios

update bm5 ml

update bs5 fep

Restore - which requires original hdd installed on sata 2) and fails because there is no original 

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
Posts 624
Founder
frog replied on Fri, Jan 7 2022 6:07 PM

I can’t remember which SATA interface the new drive goes in - probably SATA1, but you can try SATA2 as that is used in cloning if you have the original drive. I know this works as I’ve created one this way in the past. 

lurkster
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

i dont have original drive, its totally broken... so need clean reinstall of base os

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
Posts 624
Founder
Stomp
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Silver Member
Stomp replied on Sun, Jan 9 2022 5:54 PM

Is this the newest Service Tool?

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
Posts 624
Founder
frog replied on Sun, Jan 9 2022 6:24 PM

As far as I’m aware, they haven’t updated it for years. 

lurkster
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

OK frog, i dont have the beosound here only the beomaster (fixing for friend)..

Can i fix it without the beosound ? (i dont have a remote atm, but i can prolly borrow one)

Casper

lurkster
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

Frog, you know if i can fix it without having the beosound5 around - im fixing the beomaster for a friend. I also dont have remote control, but that i can borrow i think...

Im not sure that i understand the manual right, is it gonna download the software from service menu thing ?

lurkster
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

Frog, you know if i can fix it without having the beosound5 around - im fixing the beomaster for a friend. I also dont have remote control, but that i can borrow i think...

Im not sure that i understand the manual right, is it gonna download the software from service menu thing ?

bennymedaer
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member

hello I downloaded the ST  and converted it to a mdx file ; bud this is not working .

does anybody knows in witch extension it has to be written? maybe .dmg or .iso or .mds

thanks

Dimshek
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
Dimshek replied on Fri, Jan 21 2022 6:19 AM

Do you know if I can use this service tool for a "clean" install to a new SSD? I plan to replace the existing drive and as far as I understand, my options go:

1. Clone the old one with its junk

2. "Clean" install on the new one? (naturally with serial number)

Would be great to hear if that works.  

Cheers

Dimshek
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
Dimshek replied on Fri, Jan 21 2022 6:20 AM

Do you know if the service tools allows for "clean install" to a fresh drive? I plan to swap the old HHD to an SSD and I wonder if I have to go though cloning the system or if I may be able to just upload a fresh system on a new drive?
Cheers,

Dmytro 

XavierItzmann
Not Ranked
Posts 53
Gold Member

Hello frog,

The first two links (i.e., the Service Tool and the AirPlay) work perfectly alright.

The final link (i.e., the working FireFox) does not work: "404 file not found."

I want to thank you for taking the time to post these.

Cheers,

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
Posts 624
Founder
frog replied on Sat, Feb 19 2022 4:55 PM

https://rapidgator.net/file/5ccfa535afeb00916044f5237792fe0c/Firefox_Setup_42.0.exe.html

https://rapidgator.net/file/a94302c60e9558653ebe98e19cfcba14/Beosound_5_N.Radio_troubleshoot.pdf.html

here you go.

Page 1 of 1 (23 items) | RSS