Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoSystem3 not communicating with BeoVision4

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

alltvrepairs
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
alltvrepairs Posted: Sat, Jan 19 2013 2:08 PM

Hi,

My problem s that I am not able to switch on TV and don't know if I have a fault or not.

I have hooked up the Beosystem 3 to a Beovision 4 65" Plamsa (by Panasonic). When powering up the Beosystem,  a green LED on the Beosystem is on for a couple of seconds and then switched OFF again. At this time the Standby RED LED on top of the TV (Link eye pcb?) is lit steadily on. 

Pressing any button on the Beo4 remote makes no difference.  

What I did so far after taking  this heavy beast to my workshop!

*Replaced IR sensor with a TSOP7000 455Khz. I have checked pulses with the scope and seems responding to Remote .Tried  also to connect a seperate IR-IN using 3pin jack plug as described here:http://www.beoworld.org/beotech/ir_eye_wiring.htm

*Switched ON the TV with a panasonc remote control from the hidden slot bottom of TV.  Tv is working fine. I have connected my laptop and I can see the picture fine through the DVI-D Iinput. 

*Checked serial cable . pins 2-3-5 to pins 2-3-5.

*Checked IR-In ( RS232 connector) to Link eye PCB. I have continuity through all pins. 

* Left units hooked up overnight on standby just in case needs registering ?? not sure if makes sensebut found it on manual.

I am really stuck now.  

I have learned that there is a pin code and master code, but I assume that a menu should appear on screen  where I can see what I am doing.  I have left 

Any type of help is welcome! 

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 10:55 AM

Is the serial cable an original B&O version? As I can remember it needs a crossed cable TX to RX and RX to TX. So on one side pin 2 and 3 are changed.

alltvrepairs
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member

Unfortunately both suggestions didn't work out. Tried a crossed RS323 link and also V.OPT 1 as Casper suggested :(

UPDATE:

I have found that I have some video output from AV1 and AV2 scarts only. There is a timer like icon for 30seconds and then a messaage

ALCUNE INFORMATION DISPONIBLE SUR LES PROGRAMMES

E SIGNAL EST FAIBLE OU PERDU, VERIFIEZ LES CONNEXIONS

and unit goes to standby.

I have uploaded a short clip on youtube to describe better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftrXnKzqavg&feature=youtu.be

I think I have made all necessary connections from BeoSystem 3 to BeoVision4 RS232, DVI-D and IR-IN.

Any clues about this message?

Should I start an new updated Thread?

Alex
Not Ranked
Posts 46
Bronze Member
Alex replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 6:14 PM

I've only seen that timer when it has to do with the DVB tuner.  Also follow the poster above me's instructions ... use a B&O RS-232 cable.  Only way to be certain.

alltvrepairs
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member

Hi Alex,

I have the original B&O serial cable connected and have checked pinouts.

Could it be the unit is locked or waiting for a DVB tuner connection?  I have tried DVD, HDMI input but to no avail :(

deeonline
Not Ranked
Posts 45
Bronze Member

Beobuddy:

Is the serial cable an original B&O version? As I can remember it needs a crossed cable TX to RX and RX to TX. So on one side pin 2 and 3 are changed.

Contrary, in my setup it wanted a straight serial cable with pins 2-3-5 to pins 2-3-5. The reverse one (null modem) didn't work. Took me a few days to figure this out by trial and error.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS