Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 1000 Rosewood and Nicotine!

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Maurice
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 108
Bronze Member
Maurice Posted: Mon, Aug 11 2014 4:54 PM

As can be seen from the title this concens replacement of the off white selector switches and tuner scale surround. Does anybody have any of these switches or the tunerscale surround items I can purchase the Beomaster is a TYPE 2301 ...  On the plus side it does contain in pristine condition both the wiring diagrams ! Yea 

Appoligies  in advance to any administrators reading this I know it should be listed in the items wanted but I cannot get access to post on that department.

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Mon, Aug 11 2014 5:06 PM

That's because you need to be a Silver or Gold member to gain acess to that part of the site.

Not withstanding and before any mods take this down (a bit harsh), you should search on this site for the thread on restoring plastics.  I think the thread goes into some detail about whitening these keys using Hydrogen Peroxide.  Try restoring yours as all others usually have gone the same way.  It's age related changes in the material - not nicotine stained.

Dave.

Maurice
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 108
Bronze Member
Maurice replied on Mon, Aug 11 2014 6:16 PM

Thanks for the info I will try that with the HP.

regards Maurice

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Mon, Aug 11 2014 6:42 PM

Read up on it very well first.  I think if you Google search you'll find a method.  It seems to work for some and not others!  I actually prefer the mellow yellow to pure white on mine!

Dave.

Maurice
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 108
Bronze Member
Maurice replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 7:32 PM

I wil do that's dave, you tube seems to be a good starting point.

Regards Maurice

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS