Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 901 Smoke and Buzzing

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Meany44
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Meany44 Posted: Sat, Aug 23 2014 9:17 PM

Hi all

I have a much loved Beomaster 901 which has partly died on me today.  My daughter decided to pull the headphone jack out whilst the volume was set at around 2-3 on the sliding scale.  This resulted in smoke and buzzing before I could shut off the power.  Turning back on with the volume down still results in the buzz.  Have opened the back and can see no noticeable charred components.  Total newbie but want to have my music back and would appreciate any help in getting back to the tunes

Many thanks

Meany44

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

The diodes 2D19 to 2D26 comes to mind. But a check of the Darlingtons and all small transistors in the end stages is recommended. Anyway, as you have it opened change all the electrolytic capacitors, and check trimmers and rectifiers too.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Meany44
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Meany44 replied on Sat, Aug 23 2014 11:29 PM

Thanks so much for this as a starter Søren Mexico...as it is the first time I have tried to do anything like this it will take me a while to find everything.  I will get some pictures up tomorrow and would appreciate some a bit more of a walkthrough....(totally new and daft)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS