Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLab 8000 Speaker does not stay on

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

PDL
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
PDL Posted: Tue, May 15 2012 1:35 AM

The right speaker was not turning on. Left OK.

Got new cables. AND plugged into different power receptacles.

Confirmed that BeoSound 9000 was sending signal to left and right by switching the left speaker to both settings.

Here is the mystery: If I move the speaker selector switch on the non-working speaker to another position and back it works for about a minute then shuts off.

Wine does not taste the same without both speakers working.

Any wisdom will be deeply appreciated.

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Tue, May 15 2012 8:19 AM

PDL:
Here is the mystery: If I move the speaker selector switch on the non-working speaker to another position and back it works for about a minute then shuts off.

By another position, do you mean all the way to "line"? If you can repeat that every time, I don't think it's an overload protection kicking in or something... Perhaps the sense circuit for the Powerlink "on" signal is not working on the offending speaker. Switching it temporarily to the line input position probably picks up enough noise to turn the speaker on via the audio sense circuit, then it later turns off after the normal delay because there's no more input.

The speaker needs repair I'm afraid, but it shouldn't be too costly if you find someone capable and willing to do more than just simply replacing modules. Might be as simple as a broken solder at the Powerlink socket.

--mika

PDL
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
PDL replied on Tue, May 15 2012 2:37 PM

That helps point me in the right direction. Thank you.

PDL
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
PDL replied on Tue, May 15 2012 2:37 PM

That helps point me in the right direction. Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS