Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

beogram 4004 does not spin

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

onnnnn
Not Ranked
Posts 31
Bronze Member
onnnnn Posted: Sun, May 13 2012 9:58 PM

After getting to the last part of getting my old B&O equipment operating my latest issues is as follows;

The Beogram 4004 hummms and does not spin--what mightbe the issue? and does anyone know of a good place for repairs in the US ( East Coast)?

Regards,

Jonathan

Step1
Top 75 Contributor
Manchester, UK
Posts 1,268
Bronze Member
Step1 replied on Mon, May 14 2012 11:52 PM

You need to tell us more about where the humming is coming from (rear left , front left or somewhere else), what the record player does / doesn't do. How loud is the hum?

It will help for you to remove the top panels which will help you diagnose what is going on. This is easy enough I think there is a post somewhere round here that explains how to do it.

Not sure if the 4004 ever had ac motors? but this is a possibility..

Not sure about a repair engineer I know there are a couple of folk in the states that know B&O well, and it would be worth sending to folk like this if you are unable to tackle the fault yourself, rather than send to any old repair outlet.

Olly

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member

If you don't feel that you can fix it yourself then http://www.atlantic-systems.com/ have an outstanding reputation, I understand.

Regards Graham

Step1
Top 75 Contributor
Manchester, UK
Posts 1,268
Bronze Member
Step1 replied on Tue, May 15 2012 11:04 AM

Ah thanks Graham, new there was somewhere that could do it!

Olly

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS