Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Press, BMW 5-series B&O High End sound system

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Robert
Top 500 Contributor
Holland
Posts 204
Bronze Member
Robert Posted: Mon, May 14 2012 1:42 PM

Dear car enthousiasts,

B&O announced the BMW 5-series B&O High End sound system.

This is fantastic news, what is your opinion?

-16 active loudspeakers driven by 1,200 watts of power

-Unique design features include the small tweeter grilles mounted on the inside of the wing mirrors of each front door and special mountings that separate grille from frame, giving the illusion that the grille is floating in mid-air.

-Light orchestration

Regards, Robert

The weblink to the Bang & Olufsen Website: http://www.bang-olufsen.com/bmw-5-series-surround-sound-press

From a BMW forum:

Bang & Olufsen High End Surround-Sound System.

From July, the Bang & Olufsen High End Surround-Sound System will be optionally available for all models of the BMW 5 Series. This system facilitates the reproduction of music in outstanding sound quality via 16 active loudspeakers with a total output of 1,200 Watt, whereby it is possible to choose between the “Studio” mode offering a clear sound and the “Extended” mode, which has the effect of an extended sound space. In both cases a unique surround effect is achieved. Equally as impressive as the sound experience offered by the system is the so-called Floating Design with its perfect styling and the precision crafted hole pattern of the speaker grille so characteristic of Bang & Olufsen sound equipment. The system's centre speaker features the Acoustic Lens Technology developed by Bang & Olufsen. As soon as the audio system is activated, the centre element with the integrated medium-range speaker rises from the dashboard to release the lens of the tweeter. The lens radiates its signals evenly into the interior within an angle of 180 degrees, thereby ensuring an exceptionally harmonious distribution of sound.

Luke
Not Ranked
Brisbane Australia
Posts 59
Bronze Member
Luke replied on Mon, May 14 2012 1:52 PM

Wishes Mercedes would dump Harmon Kardon for B&O gear...

BL90, BL5 x 2, BL9, BL8000 x 2, Penta III x 2, Penta II, BL2, BL4, BL2500, RL6000 x 3, MS150, MS150.2, A9, A1, A2, P2, Beolit 12/17, S70, CX50, CX100, Beovox 2500, BS9000 x 2, BS3000, BS4, BC2, BS1,  Moment, Essence MkII x 2, BS5 Encore, BG8002, BC8002, BM8002, BG5500, BV7-40 MkIII, BV11-55, BV Avant 85", BC5, H8, E8, Form 2, A8...Serene

Robert
Top 500 Contributor
Holland
Posts 204
Bronze Member

Who has more foto's?

JUST A LESS SOUND ONE HERE:

beocool
Top 25 Contributor
Alankomaat
Posts 6,194
Bronze Member
beocool replied on Mon, May 14 2012 5:33 PM

Good news. Cool Thanks for sharing. Yes - thumbs up

Vähintään yhdeksänkymmentä prosenttia suomalainen! 

MartinW
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 389
Bronze Member
MartinW replied on Mon, May 14 2012 8:19 PM
Mercedes AMG has Bang & Olufsen in, i am sure this will cascade down the model range with every update. I too think my Harmon Kardon is, at best, nothing special!
BillC
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 121
Bronze Member
BillC replied on Wed, May 16 2012 7:41 AM
I hope it becomes an option to other BMW cars. When I refresh my X5 I love to be able to spec it with B&O. As it was that nameless upgrade didn't interest me enough.

Mmm I wonder if Mercedes will have it as an option for the new B class too???

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS