Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 4002 information on purchasing

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

BO2014
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
BO2014 Posted: Thu, Oct 2 2014 5:30 AM

hi everyone,

i just made this account as i have recently discovered B&O makes some amazing sound systems. (found out with my car).

anyways i digress, to my question. 

alright i have the option to purchase a Beogram model 4002 and i would like to know what things i need to look out for, ie what years are best, what issues are common/known and what things should i look for if i decide to buy it? are there any common things i should ask/look for? the guy told me it comes with the original cartridge, is that a positive or negative? he also mentions it has low playing hours. i think the cartridge says B&O MMC 4000 on it? if i am correct. i haven't seen it in person yet as i am hoping to learn as much as possible before hand so i know what to look for. 

also, i have never owned a linear tracking turntable and i would like to know, specifically, will the Beogram 4002 model last up to continuous use? i haven't found a lot of info online with the B&O system as it seems it isn't the most common thing out there.

thank you all very much before hand.  

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Thu, Oct 2 2014 3:14 PM

Welcome to Beoworld. The BG4002 is a really nice turntable. It was the top B&O turntable at its time. I recommend looking up the user's manual and old reviews of the turntable to read up on its features. There are a number of sites, such as Beoworld, that have general information about the versions and models B&O produced.  Check out the Main Site of Beoworld to look them up.

The BG4002 was a higher end turntable in its day. I bought my first one back in the 70's and have always had a B&O linear tracking turntable since. Some audio people didn't like B&O turntables because B&O turntables must use their own proprietary phono cartridges. That can be a problem if you are someone that likes a variety of phono cartridges to use in playing back your vinyl collection. B&O made some great cartridges though. That was never an issue for me.

Find out the "type" of BG4002 you are looking at. In the US it is probably a type 5503 or 5513.

-sonavor

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS