Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 9000 Help

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

manoumer
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
manoumer Posted: Thu, May 17 2012 8:01 PM

Hi, I am new to this forum and I require some help if that is possible?

I moved into a new house recently and there is a Bang and Olufsen system installed already without the actual system and speakers. I have brought a Beosound 9000 as that was the main system and also brought 2 beolab 6000 speakers to go with the system in the main the room. Throughout the house there are spaces for 4 beolab 4000 speakers ( 2 downstairs and 2 upstairs). I have also brought 2 beolink actives. There is one speaker in the bathroom that is a beolab 3500 however I do not own one and the main beolink active box is located in the attic. I also have a space for a speaker in the dining room but I do not own a speaker for that room. 

My problem is that I have connected all the wires to the junction box however the 2 speakers I have upstairs and downstairs do not work apart from showing a red light. I have tried all the speakers individually with the main system and they work. Any suggestions to this problem?

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, May 17 2012 9:24 PM

I think we need more description of the connections available in each room, possibly some photos.  I would guess that the house is wired for masterlink, but some of the 'boxes' such as 'Beolink actives' may be hidden away.  Are there any IR sensors?

I am sure forum members will be able to help - just need more details and perhaps some photos?

manoumer
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
manoumer replied on Thu, May 17 2012 11:16 PM

IMG_0762.JPG.aspx

The first one is the connection in the main room for the Beosound 9000.

IMG_0763.JPG.aspx

This one is in the same room and is the connection that links the Beolab 6000.

IMG_0764.JPG.aspx

Overview of what the main room is like.

IMG_0765.JPG.aspx

This shows the Beolab 4000 with the beolink active sensor bar. (There are 2 downstairs).

IMG_0766.JPG.aspx

This shows the Beolab speaker upstairs ( Again there are 2 here)

IMG_0767.JPG.aspx

This shows the beolink active sensor bar which is used for the speakers upstairs.

IMG_0768.JPG.aspx

This shows the all the connections in the attic. ( Also realised there is another space for a beolink active which links to the space in my dining room).Does all of the connections need to be in place in order for the whole system to work?

Also hope these pictures can give you a better grasp of what's going on. Smile

expoman
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Silver Member
expoman replied on Fri, May 18 2012 1:39 AM

Does the Beolink sensor bar as you call it have any red led's that are on?

Does it have writing on it?  It should say play at the bottom.  If it is connected to an active kit that has mains power the led should turn green when you touch play.  even with out speakers connected.  

The master link connection box in your upstairs photo should allow you to operate only one active kit.  If the master link cables all fan out to different products they all do not need to be all connected for one to work.

Is there a power link cable connected to the other end of the active kit box to go to the speakers in the room?  Try connection a Powerlink cable to the active kit direct to one of your speakers and see if that works.

The yellow Beolab 4000 speakers on the wall should have red led's if they have power.  Make sure the button is pushed in.

Try these and let us know. 

manoumer
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
manoumer replied on Fri, May 18 2012 4:00 PM

All the speakers and and the beolink sensor have the red lights however the gold speakers only show a red light when I press them and the beolink sensor remains green even when I press the play button.  

Will the mains power have to be electric based as I am unsure of how the mains would work?

expoman
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Silver Member
expoman replied on Fri, May 18 2012 6:37 PM

The red lights on the Beolab 4000 should be on all the time.  The button is actually an on off switch on the older 4000's and needs to be in the down position all the time.  They should turn green if they receive an on command from the beolink active.  

I see in your photos of the main room there is a small master link junction box with ac cable to your 9000 on the floor.  Did you connect this cable?  It is very easy for either the three silver ground wires to break at the slot or touch some of the contacts for the other wires.  Make sure that did not happen. 

If the play button is green then I would connect a speaker directly to one of the active kits and see if it will turn on to green with the play button on to green.  If that works you have a fault in the power link cable to the speaker.

You may need to take the speaker off the wall.  There are red dots in the speakers bracket on the top and bottom.  Pressing one with a strong wire or pointed object will release the speaker lock and allow the speaker to slide left or right and come off the bracket.  You can then check the speaker cable at the back of the speaker and also make sure the switch is set to right or left.  Make sure it is not on line.

The mains electrical only connects to the active kits and the speakers.  You would not see red or green lights with out the mains properly connected.  I do not think that is your problem.

I think it is most likely a bad connection in the master link cables at the junction boxes.

The 9000 should turn on to radio if it receives a signal that a play button on a link eye is pressed.

KingOfSnake
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Bronze Member

I applaud forum members for trying to be so helpful, forgive me for saying so but this is a job that can only be resolved on site, with an ML Tester and an installer with prior knowledge of installing B&O.  It really is a minefield but good luck anyway!

beopiranha
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 125
Bronze Member

If I were you, I would immediately call B&O technician before I damage something.

Beovision Avant 55 / BV 11-40 / BV7-40 / Beovision Avant / Beosound 9000 / Beosound 5 Encore / Beosystem 4500 / Beosystem 6500 / Beocenter 9000 / Beolab 5000 / Beolab 18 / Beolab 19 / Beolab 11 / Beolab 17 / 3 sets of Beolab 4000 / Beovox Red Line 60.2 

expoman
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Silver Member
expoman replied on Sat, May 19 2012 4:43 PM

As much as some here seem to think Masterlink is a secret best solved by a dealer tech I assure you with a few precautions it is ediot proof as long as you are not color blind.

Rule number 1

Unplug all master link cables from the active kits and the BS9000 and any other B&O products in the system.

Rule number 2

Simply unplugging the products from the mains does not replace rule 1

Rule number 3

Do not plug in power link cables from speakers into an active kit or beosystem  with the system on or active kits on.  

Masterlink junction boxes are all color coded inside.  A child could hook them up.  You should never have more than four cables connected to any one junction box.  

Pink to pink, blue to blue, blue with white stripes to blue with white stripes, red to red, red with white stripes to red with white stripes, green to green, green with white stripes to green with white stripes, orange to orange, orange with white stripes to orange with white stripes.

Then there are the three silver bare ground wires.  These connect to any of the two grey marked slots at either end of the junction box. Use any combination.

Your problem if it is with the master link wires is most likely due to one of the silver ground wires being broken or touching another slot.  This is usually 90% of all problems.

The next most important wire is the pink since it supplies positive power.  The solid blue is negative power.

Green and green white are the data + and -. This is what tells the products what to do.

The red and orange are the right and left sound.  Worse case here would be only one speaker would play.

If you do not have one of the B&O tools to press the wires into the slots you can use a large paper clip.  Just bend the end out at a 90* angle and press the wire gently into the slot.  If you want the B&O tool just go to your dealer and purchase a small junction box number 3132170. The tool comes included in the bag.

Good luck.  I am betting that the problem is in the junction box that connects to the 9000.  The cable would likely not be as long as it is in your photo when the system was wall mounted above the fireplace.  I see the antenna cable very short out of the wall.  The master link cable should have been a similar length.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS