Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 3-32 geometry settings HELP!!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Patrick10101
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Patrick10101 Posted: Mon, Oct 6 2014 12:04 PM

Hi, 

I have rather foolishly adjusted my default geometry setting on my beovision 3-32 CRT without taking note of what they where to start with and I can't make it look correct and uniform.  Stupid and amateur I know! So, although all sets are going to different could some helpful person please let me know there default settings so I can at least be somewhere near where I need to be. Thanks, much appreciated 

Brian
Not Ranked
California
Posts 72
Bronze Member
Brian replied on Mon, Oct 6 2014 5:48 PM

Hi,

Welcome to Beoworld. As far as I know, there are no "default" settings; the picture was individually calibrated at the factory. What you need is the service manual for your 3-32 and the Phillips test pattern. You should be able to find the pattern on youtube. Copy the pattern to an iPod or similar device that you can connect to the TV. Then go through the settings according to the service manual for each individual picture format. It's not that hard. 

Maybe somebody knows a better way. I made the same mistake about a year ago and that's what worked for me. The 3-32 is a nice TV and is worth keeping.

-Brian

Patrick10101
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

Thanks Brian 

i completely agree with you that there are no defined default settings. I have tried using a test pattern and spent hours trying to resolve my issue but I have had no luck. I do however believe due to the construction of the CRT and software used to make the adjustments, that there must be a ball park figure that most sets will be set to before calibration in the factory. Hopefully if someone could provide them or even what there TV is set to then I will have a better chance making the final adjustments on my set. 

thanks

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
Posts 626
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Thu, Oct 9 2014 3:17 PM

Hi,

i'll get my geometry settings tonight and post them here, but i doubt they will help much because every tube and the electronics is different.

You should set them top down, one after each other and use the test pattern everything else will be just a guess.

Ralph-Marcus

lausvi
Top 150 Contributor
Helsinki - Finland
Posts 689
Bronze Member

Hi.

Here are my 3-32's settings.

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
Posts 626
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Thu, Oct 9 2014 7:32 PM

Hi,

here are my two geometry settings.

The first one is for Format 3 (16:9)

The second one is in Format 1 (14:9)

As you can see the values are different for 16:9 and 14:9 (15:9). You have to set both! Also my values differ from those lausvi showed before.

Ralph-Marcus

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
Posts 626
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Thu, Oct 9 2014 7:42 PM

One more thing.

The settings have the following meanings:

H-PH    Horizontal Phase =shift

H-AM     Horizontal width

V-AM     Vertical heigth

V-SH     Vertical shift

V-OL, V-SL and V-PS has something to do with the vertical shift inside the vertical frame and the vertical linearity

EW-UC     East-West Upper Corner

EW-LC      East-West Lower Corner

EW-PA       East-West parallelogram

EW--TZ     East-West trapezoid

EW-PG    don't know anymore

BOW        to get straight vertical lines

Good luck and next time make a note before you change a setting in the service menu Wink

Ralph-Marcus

Patrick10101
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

All Sorted Thanks everyone.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Oct 13 2014 4:32 PM

Ah, I remember the days of tube TVs. Not only is the geometry different for each tube, but the tilt changes depending on the sets relationship to the earth's magnetic field. Some sets even had a tilt adjustment easily accessible from the remote, Sony's if I recall had this on the XBR sets, to let you tweak it, say if you moved your TV from one side of the room to a different wall.

Something I definitely do NOT miss from the "good ol'days." Geometry errors used to drive me absolutely nuts, for some reason my eye was particularly sensitive to them. Much nicer to have the pixels stay in the same place, rigidly aligned, as on all plasma and LCD sets!

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS