Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Bogram 8000

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Tsatalia
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
Tsatalia Posted: Thu, Jan 29 2015 3:17 PM

My beogram 8000 just returned from repair. It will not turn freely the ring that holds the record platter gets caught in the same place as it tries to turn. Any thoughts?

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Thu, Jan 29 2015 3:29 PM

Sounds like the suspension is not central - have you undone the transit screws fully?

Peter

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Jan 29 2015 4:22 PM

If the black subplatter scrapes on the main chassis metal, the nylon insert at the bottom of the main bearing has
been damaged.
If the insert hasn't broken, you can flip it over by inserting a very small tool (watchmakers flat-bladed screwdriver) through the
tiny hole at the bottom of the main bearing (accessible from under the Beogram) and guide it a bit from above.
If it's broken, a replacement is the only way (I can supply a reproduction part).

Either way, you will have to make a new center dot for the spindle tip to stand in;
Fit the spindle, the subplatter and the platter, make sure the Beogram stands on a level surface, make sure
the platter is level with the surroundiung aluminium. Press down with your hands at the same time, equally on both
sides of the center tap. Using nothing more than "controlled force" - something like twice the weight of your arms and you're done.

The insert typically breaks if the Beogram was shipped with the heavy platter installed.
ALWAYS pack the platter separately, wrap it in bubblewrap and place it under the Beogram. This also goes for the
subplatter.

In your case, see if you can return it for repairs under warranty.

Martin

Tsatalia
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
Tsatalia replied on Fri, Jan 30 2015 12:05 AM

Yes I did.

I was able to correct it by making the sub platter "round". There was a small area that had been bent and was causing the rub. I didn't see it until I read Dillen's response and started paying close attention to the sub platter. Thank you all for your help as always!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS