Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 3000 Repair

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

matthuplacek
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
matthuplacek Posted: Fri, Jun 26 2015 6:11 PM

Hi there Everyone.

I am the latest owner of a Beogram 3000. My first turntable! I won this turntable on Ebay which was said to work perfectly. Traveling for 3 months I left the turntable packaged until I could set it up in a permanent home. I removed it from a very poorly packaged box to find the thing does not work at all. 

As someone who doesn't know turntables well I did not dive in deep to see what I intuitively find but I did see that the belt was not on the table. I placed the belt in the right place...I think. There was some movement but still not working properly. 

I then noticed the driving wheel to the belt had dislodged from its place. I nudged this back into place which seemed to help a bit but the table is still not working.

The attached video shows a bit of what is happening. Perhaps someone has some suggestions and/or could direct me to an affordable repair service?

As always, I'm very grateful for all the pro advice!

Matthu

Format: ???
Duration: :44 seconds

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Take a look here what you are up against you can then decide what you want to do, welcome to the forum

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

matthuplacek
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member

Hello there!

THank you for this wealth of information! I am most grateful! It seems I have several similar issues with my 3000. The motor sound and the spinning that does happen is so wobbly. That said, I don't think I am confident enough to open this up and improve upon the situation. 

Can you tell me, is the upside down image of the rubber drive wheel, does this show the wheel in the right position (albeit upside down in the image)?

Can you recommend someone to repair this 3000? I'm in NYC. I found the sound smith and they want $625 to repair a Beogram. No thank you. Way beyond my price range.

Any thoughts are most appreciated!

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

matthuplacek:
Can you tell me, is the upside down image of the rubber drive wheel, does this show the wheel in the right position (albeit upside down in the image)?

The idler wheel (rubber wheel) is in the correct position, the pic is upside down. With today's prices on labor USD 625 sounds about right, Wtihout any cosmetic repairments (except for cleaning) cleaning and lubricating, adjusting all the mechanics cleaning and adjusting all switches and relay, dismantling and reassembling, adding a new belt, will take me with my experience 4-6 hours, not counting if I have to make spare parts. Normally these decks only needs a good cleaning, lubricating and adjustments and they are good to go. This include taking them apart in detail to clean and lubricate properly. Maybe Benny Armina here can help you with a lower price, but I dont think so, comes to this probably a pickup repair and shipping costs. Pickup repair is cheaper by Axel in Germany. For repair maybe another Beoworld member in the US will be able to help you.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Sat, Jun 27 2015 3:35 PM
Soren knows his stuff as he fixed mine as a return favor for some parts. As for Bennie, he told me when I asked him about mine that parts are so rare for these that he doesn't work on them any more.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS