Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BV11 Picture Mute

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 0 Followers

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger Posted: Wed, Jul 1 2015 9:49 PM

I am sure this topic has been covered before but I can't find the thread.

When on radio via Freeview, the picture would usually go off a few seconds after selecting the radio programme. This didn't always happen on first switching from TV to radio, but switching between radio channels seemed to trigger an automatic picture muting.

At the same time, using an internet sound source would often give a picture muting when it wasn't wanted.

After the latest software update the picture will stay on, if the appropriate setting is selected, when listening to an internet source. However, the picture now stays on when listening to Freeview radio and can only be muted, in the case of a BBC programme, using the red button followed by '0', in which case a message floats around the darkened screen about using '0' again to restore the picture. I think that this is a BBC enabled function rather than a BV11 function. 

Is there a way of switching the radio picture muting back on? Is there a P.MUTE option for the Beo4 that will work on the BV11?

Graham

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Thu, Jul 2 2015 8:16 AM
On the Beo4 you can add P.Mute under list and mute manualy the picture when you whant.
vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member

BeoGreg:
On the Beo4 you can add P.Mute under list and mute manualy the picture when you whant.

Thanks. I finally found the P.MUTE option buried in a long list..... a long list that I simply did not realise was buried within the 'AV?' option on the Beo4.

Graham

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Thu, Jul 2 2015 10:01 AM

The lists can get a bit long!  You can always delete the ones you don't want anymore to save having to scroll through them.

Dave.

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Thu, Jul 2 2015 10:13 AM

Dave Farr:

The lists can get a bit long!  You can always delete the ones you don't want anymore to save having to scroll through them.

Dave.

But then I won't be able to dream about all the other B&O equipment I will be able to control in the future (but will never afford or get around to buying).

Graham

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Thu, Jul 2 2015 10:43 AM
But you can add them again as soon as you get your dream equipment...

"Stand" is for me number one on list followed not far away by "p.mute".

I just realised that after ages of using the Beo4 every day, I can't even remember what's number 2 on the "list" !
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

....and you can move the entries - in order to have the most-used as the first ones.

Most people only need 3 or 4 entries - in my experience.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member

Thanks everyone. Now resolved with Stand and P.Mute first and second in the list.

I always wondered what the 'Move?' option  meant. You just need to realise that whatever you select to move will become number 1 in the list, so you need to move and stack them accordingly!

Graham

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member

Just realised that there is another complication. You need to set separate 'Lists' for the radio and TV buttons.

Graham

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Thu, Jul 2 2015 3:43 PM
vikinger:

Thanks everyone. Now resolved with Stand and P.Mute first and second in the list.

I always wondered what the 'Move?' option meant. You just need to realise that whatever you select to move will become number 1 in the list, so you need to move and stack them accordingly!

Graham

After selecting a command to move, you can press a number key on Beo4. E.g. if you want to move a command to 4th LIST position, select MOVE, then the command and at last '4'. It's only a little bit difficult to move a command to a position higher than '9'.

Regards

Räuber
Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Thu, Jul 2 2015 3:47 PM
vikinger:

Just realised that there is another complication. You need to set separate 'Lists' for the radio and TV buttons.

Graham

No, setted commands will appear under all source buttons. Only commands that are not needed for a source are not shown.
vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member

Raeuber:
vikinger:

Graham

No, setted commands will appear under all source buttons. Only commands that are not needed for a source are not shown.

And therein lies the problem!  When I use the radio button (to receive radio via the TV Freeview system)  the Beo4 must assume that I won't need P.MUTE as it disappears from the list! It only shows up when I am using the TV button.

Graham

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Thu, Jul 2 2015 5:45 PM
vikinger:

And therein lies the problem! When I use the radio button (to receive radio via the TV Freeview system) the Beo4 must assume that I won't need P.MUTE as it disappears from the list! It only shows up when I am using the TV button.

Graham

Ok, that's not very good. In the good old masterlink systems RADIO always starts radio from an audiomaster and never from a Beovision.

That's why the new BeoRemote One works better with the new BVs (Avant, BV 11).

Räuber

P.S.: A few weeks ago I upgraded my old Beo4 to the latest version with navi button. I already took a look and found P.MUTE under LIST if RADIO is selected!
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Raeuber:

P.S.: A few weeks ago I upgraded my old Beo4 to the latest version with navi button. I already took a look and found P.MUTE under LIST if RADIO is selected!

One of my two Beo4/navi works so - probably a question of SW-version.

The newest of mine has P.Mute under audio sources - the other has not.

MM

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Fri, Jul 3 2015 10:05 AM

The workaround is to switch the radio on, then cover the Beo4 remote transmitter and press TV.  The P.MUTE option then appears in  LIST  and can be used to shut down the radio static picture.

It just looks as if someone at B&O did not think through the logic of needing to mute static radio pictures..... a much more likely use than muting the picture on a normal TV channel.

Graham

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

vikinger:

It just looks as if someone at B&O did not think through the logic of needing to mute static radio pictures..... a much more likely use than muting the picture on a normal TV channel.

It is correct, that you don't usually want to mute the picture on a tv program.

On your Beo4 the P.Mute appears not only, when 'TV' is the source - it appears with all video sources.

A lot of user have an ATV connected via HDMI and use it as an audio source via AirPlay - the P.Mute is usefull there.

Same goes for a Bluray played, that is used for playback of CD's.

it seems, that the guys in Struer actually have thought of 'the logic of needing to mute static radio pictures' - otherweise the P.Mute would not be available in the latest Beo4 software (as stated in my post above). Drawback (for you): you will probably need to have your Beo4 updated.

P.S. Did you notice, that after the latest sw-update, you now can define how the screen should behave per (audio) source?

You can choose between 'Timeout', 'Always' and 'Never' - you do that in the advanced settings of each (audio) source.

Mark the 'Radio' in settings (in 'source list' on the screen) and use the red button to get into the advanced settings.

MM

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Fri, Jul 3 2015 11:32 AM
vikinger:

The workaround is to switch the radio on, then cover the Beo4 remote transmitter and press TV. The P.MUTE option then appears in LIST and can be used to shut down the radio static picture.

Graham

Hello Graham,

as already mentioned the reason for the lack of P.MUTE with RADIO is that there was no need for this when using an old Masterlink Beovision (BV 7, 8, 9, 10 ...). If you bought your Beo4 together with BV 11 I would ask the dealer for a replacement by a Beo4 with actual software.

Regards

Räuber
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

I made a post 10 minutes ago - which is now in the hands of the admins 😒

I wonder what it was that I wrote, that triggered that.

Maybe it will turn up here some time...

MM

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS