Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoCentre 8000 fault

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Moorhouse
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Moorhouse Posted: Sun, Aug 16 2015 9:41 PM

Good evening all,

I'm hoping someone can offer some advice here.

I've just returned from my grandparents house, their beloved BeoCentre 5000 has developed a fault after my grandpa placed a book on the glass panel on the bottom of it (the bad man!)

The glass touch panel at the bottom seemed loose, so I took it off to take a look. It looks to have become unstable on the magnetic pads. I've positioned them to how I imagine it should be and refit the glass; the console now works, however there are a few lights that don't work unless you put a little force on the centre of the glass.

Whilst it appears to be positioned correctly, the glass just doesn't seem to be flush, almost like it's warped. All the touch buttons work, it's only the lights in the centre (track numbers) and the volume buttons on the left that don't appear to be lighting up. 

It's now coming up to 23~ years old, but I'm hoping to get it fixed for them as they love listening to music on it each night. 

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Couple of pictures: http://imgur.com/gallery/0U820/new

Thanks, 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS