Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 3000 tone arm alignment?

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Milo
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Bronze Member
Milo Posted: Tue, Aug 4 2015 9:12 AM

Hey guys,

I bought a Beogram 3000 (1986 version) yesterday, it works but has some issues with the tonearm and i was hoping you guys knew what the problem is and how it can be fixed..

-When i press play the tonearm goes down a little too much to the right and "falls" of the record, it does this both with full size LP's and singles.

-It also won't stop automatically when it reaches the end.

-I'm able to slide it's position to the left manually (with the arrow-button) but not to the right. :s

-When i lift (press stop) in the middle of a record it goes up, but it drags a little to the left first :s

I bought it as working and hope it's an easy fix because i'm not that mechanically knowledgeable.

Friendly greetings,

Milo 

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Mon, Aug 10 2015 5:18 PM

Hi Milo,

the set down point needs to be adjusted.  Refer to section 5-3 in the service manual.  An eccentric disc needs to be adjusted first for the 17cm set down point, followed by a screw and arm (F and G) adjustment for the 30cm set down point.

If you upgrade to silver or gold, you can access the service manuals here on Beoworld.  You may also find it elsewhere after a 'Google' search.

Dave.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS