Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocom 6000 Pyramid Base Wiring Connections

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Gary Nelson
Not Ranked
United Kingdom
Posts 52
Bronze Member
Gary Nelson Posted: Wed, Jun 15 2016 10:51 AM

A while back in 2014 George kindly flagged up Keith's excellent work (as usual) and provided a link to discussions in the archived forum. See here....

Referring to Keith Saunder's very helpful post on the archived forum, I made a suitable cable. http://archivedarchivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/9994.aspx

The problem I want to get over is the unsightly transformer and cables for the Beocom range.  I was hoping to run a conduit to a wall adaptor (holding the phone) and conceal my plug/transformer out of sight.  It is a bit of a distance from where I want the phone to a suitable power source, so I was wondering if I could a) purchase an extension or b) wire up something that would allow me to shift the transformer into a cupboard under the stairs.  As an aside I can really appreciate the beauty of some of the products and it seems a shame that you need to pull up trees to hide the peripherals.

WELL, the links to Keith's posting in the Archive still work well, but all of the images are blank boxes (including his wiring diagrams), so not sure if my pc is at fault and these images are in a different format or the pictures have been removed to save on archive web server space.

SO, can anyone (Keith?) repost them or direct me to somewhere else on the Beoworld site they live now

Thanks in advance

Gary

Filip
Not Ranked
Kraków, Poland
Posts 15
Bronze Member
Filip replied on Mon, Jun 27 2016 4:15 PM

I guess you may use standard RJ11 extension but it has to be fully wired (4 wires). You may also connect the pyramid base to RJ11 wall socket, then run the cable to the remote location, use another RJ11 socket (or just RJ11 plug) which you connect to the regular Beocom 6000 APP adaptor with the power brick and telephone line connected to it. Just remember about 4 wires everywhere - two are used for telephone line and two to power the base. Don't mix them. Also mind that very long cable will cause a voltage drop and the power adaptor may not be able to power up the base station.

Regards
Filip 

Gary Nelson
Not Ranked
United Kingdom
Posts 52
Bronze Member

Bless you Filip

G

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS