Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BV11 - upscaling on 46 vs 55

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

mrjameskent
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
mrjameskent Posted: Mon, Dec 7 2015 8:52 PM

Hi all,

I'm considering buying a used BV11 from one of the well reputed second hand dealers.

I'd be grateful for advice/experience on the upscaling of SD between the 46" and 55" - I've tried to get a feel from the forum for this TV but am only really seeing a lot of discussion about the Avant and 4K which does not interest me.

My main watching will come from Netflix via Apple TV and terrestrial (in the UK) channels (BBC/ITV/C4).

My current TV doesn't have freeview built in so I'm not sure if the BV11 Freeview unit would mean I can easily watch the HD versions of those channels.

The rest of the time will be using the TV for music via external speakers :)

Thanks, J

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member

I have a BV 11/40 so can't exactly answer your query about the 46" or 55".

My BV11 40 has a built-in Freeview tuner (and sat tuner with hard disk). The SD broadcasts are of very high quality on this TV. The HD channels seem fractionally sharper and brighter in colour if you switch between the two (BBC1 and BBC1HD for example) but at normal viewing distances you would hardly notice any difference. In fact the biggest difference between the SD and HD Freeview broadcasts is the sound level: 50 on SD needs about 55 on HD to get the same volume.

Graham

reprosteve
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member

Hi

I have the 46 and it all depends on the source, the Freeview HD channels look great, I've watched standard def programs as all the +1 channels are standard def. Like Graham said its the sound thats the big difference between SD and HD but I'm the other way around 50-55 for SD and 45-50 on HD.

Steve

BV 11 46 Avant 32 VCR

mrjameskent
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

Thanks to Graham and Steve - makes it an easy decision if I were to go for a 46 but think I can push it to a 55".

Any other thoughts would be much appreciated.

Regards, J

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS