Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Amazing surprise gift from B&O

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff Posted: Sat, Jul 2 2016 10:13 PM

This is just one of those reminders of how a small company like B&O truly stands out in how much they care about their loyal customers.

I just received a surprise care package from the lead developer of the MLGW/BLGW. I received a surprise gift of TWO new Beo6 remotes, a Beo6 charger, a Wemo coffee maker, and a USB stick loaded with a custom driver to integrate the Wemo coffee maker with my BLGW. WOW! All of this just because of some dissatisfaction I had with Khimo. All of this with a note thanking me for being such a loyal B&O fan and BLGW enthusiast.

This is a good example of how B&O listens and truly cares.

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
Posts 396
Bronze Member
beojeff:

This is just one of those reminders of how a small company like B&O truly stands out in how much they care about their loyal customers.

I just received a surprise care package from the lead developer of the MLGW/BLGW. I received a surprise gift of TWO new Beo6 remotes, a Beo6 charger, a Wemo coffee maker, and a USB stick loaded with a custom driver to integrate the Wemo coffee maker with my BLGW. WOW! All of this just because of some dissatisfaction I had with Khimo. All of this with a note thanking me for being such a loyal B&O fan and BLGW enthusiast.

This is a good example of how B&O listens and truly cares.

Really cool. Jolly jealous Big Smile

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Sun, Jul 3 2016 12:44 AM

beojeff:
and a USB stick loaded with a custom driver to integrate the Wemo coffee maker with my BLGW.

hi beojeff

could you tell us more about the driver for wemo? (only for the coffee maker? maybe the Insight Switch is working as well...)

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, BV9, BV6-22, BS 5, BS 4500, BS 7000, BC 9500, Beo6, BL Penta, F1000, BLGW, etc....

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
That's great to hear that recognised you this way

BeoNut since '75

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sun, Jul 3 2016 8:48 AM

Jeff, what did you do to them?? Big Smile

Congratulations, what a great gift and gesture!

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sun, Jul 3 2016 11:48 AM

beoandy:

beojeff:
and a USB stick loaded with a custom driver to integrate the Wemo coffee maker with my BLGW.

hi beojeff

could you tell us more about the driver for wemo? (only for the coffee maker? maybe the Insight Switch is working as well...)

So far, the support is only for the Wemo coffee maker. It would be nice to see this support extended for the other Wemo appliances such as the humidifier and switches. I will be making this suggestion.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sun, Jul 3 2016 11:51 AM

As well as being able to create a button on a Lutron tabletop keypad on the nightstand to start the coffee maker, we can also use Echo via IFTTT. For example, saying "Alexa, trigger brew coffee" while in bed with your eyes closed will start the coffee brewing in the kitchen.

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Sun, Jul 3 2016 12:42 PM

beojeff:

beoandy:

beojeff:

hi beojeff

So far, the support is only for the Wemo coffee maker. It would be nice to see this support extended for the other Wemo appliances such as the humidifier and switches. I will be making this suggestion.

Hi beojeff!

Thanks for the info. The should look also at the light manager air. http://cms.jbmedia.de

It is such a clever device and can handle so many  wireless control of lights devices.

Normal 0 21 false false false DE JA X-NONE

I used this since 3 years with custom strings and a deeply integration would be so nice.

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, BV9, BV6-22, BS 5, BS 4500, BS 7000, BC 9500, Beo6, BL Penta, F1000, BLGW, etc....

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member

But is the coffee any good? Only fresh ground or an ese pod from a sealed sachet works for me. 

Automation has its limits.

Graham

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sun, Jul 3 2016 3:04 PM

vikinger:

But is the coffee any good? Only fresh ground or an ese pod from a sealed sachet works for me. 

Automation has its limits.

Graham

It uses any ground coffee. I grind my own coffee using a Vitamix.

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Mon, Jul 4 2016 6:47 PM
Very cool of them.

Do you create the macro for coffee.. Then hide it in the interface?

I've been creating most of my Alexa macros in the 'global' location.

What are you all doing?
Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS