Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolink 7000 / Beocenter 9500 reset

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

webbda77
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
webbda77 Posted: Mon, May 23 2016 7:26 AM

Hi all,

I've had a couple of Beolink 7000's working happily with my Beocenter 9500 (which is a US version) for the last couple of years, until.. I used them with a Beomaster 7000 (UK version) literally just once.

Even with the Beomaster packed away, the two-way comms of the Beolink drop out after a few minutes after power on to the Beocenter, and there is a really odd issue I've noticed since in the way the clocks in the Beolink 7000's operate with the two units.

With the Beocenter 9500, the clock will not register or synch, and has an operation conflict error message when all units are on.

With the Beomaster, everything operates fine - the clock registers the date/time I set and the two-way comms operate well.

I'm wondering if the US vs UK versions of the units is causing them to operate abnormally?

And if so, how do I reset whichever unit is having issues?

Many thanks,

Dan

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Mon, May 23 2016 12:53 PM

The systems are really not designed to have two 2-way remotes (of the same kind) in the vicinity. If they both communicate with the Beomaster at the same time, the transmissions will clash and don't get through.

My uneducated theory: both of your Beolinks are now "synced" to each other and their periodic status queries always happen at the same time. Try taking one of them out of the room while you power up the Beocenter. Once the first Beolink is working, bring back the other one and hope that they are not trying to visit the same booth, so to speak, any more.

--mika

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Mon, May 23 2016 7:17 PM

Well, I would try to use 1 BL7000 at the time in the room with the BC9500..

And for each BL7000, remove all units in the Panel->Setup->Cmpnts->Audio and add them again.... Every time you do this, the BL7000 asks the audio master what it is and what it supports..

Try this with only 1 BL7000 in the room at the time, and see what happens..

/Weebyx

webbda77
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
webbda77 replied on Tue, May 31 2016 10:46 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your replies - I've tried working those scenarios and sadly it doesn't make any difference isolating the BL7000 and going through the process of removing and adding the components with the BC9500.

The BL7000's react with the beomaster immediately and have not had any issues synching with it, wheras the BC9500 refuses to make contact.

I'm fairly certain the issue lies with the BC9500 somehow, but given that it had been working fine I'm hoping its just a configuration issue.

As always, I'd be grateful for advice :-)

Dan

webbda77
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
webbda77 replied on Tue, May 31 2016 10:46 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your replies - I've tried working those scenarios and sadly it doesn't make any difference isolating the BL7000 and going through the process of removing and adding the components with the BC9500.

The BL7000's react with the beomaster immediately and have not had any issues synching with it, wheras the BC9500 refuses to make contact.

I'm fairly certain the issue lies with the BC9500 somehow, but given that it had been working fine I'm hoping its just a configuration issue.

As always, I'd be grateful for advice :-)

Dan

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS