Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

9500 CD jumping on spindle - video link attached

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

dan1969
Not Ranked
Posts 25
Bronze Member
dan1969 Posted: Mon, May 30 2016 6:04 PM

Hi guys,

my cd's jump around on the spindle initially before settling down or failing jut opening the door again.

It does seem to be a physical issue rather than electronics but i can't find a way to adjust the clamp that helps. I tried bending it ever so slightly to exert more downwards pressure but it is unpredictable and actually stops the disc sometimes instead.

IN the video you will see it works fine with gentle pressure from my finger on the clamp but jumps about without it.

video link;

https://youtu.be/ISaTARJqPWM

should there be some sort of "grip" on the spindle holding he cd in place effectively ? if so its missing 

Dan

Filip
Not Ranked
Kraków, Poland
Posts 15
Bronze Member
Filip replied on Mon, Jun 27 2016 3:27 PM

There should be a rubbery black ring on the outer edge of the spindle's disc. It may wear off causing the CD inserted to slip. This may cause problems to the drive with recognition of the disk inserted. I had this issue in my BC 9500. I guess that spindle may be replaced, but I used super thin layer of transparent glue on it and its working fine. You have to look for one that isn't rock solid after hardening. It must be a little bit soft to prevent slipping.

Also mind that aged electrolytic caps may influence the drive behaviour i.e. the amount of torque applied by the spindle motor. It is not a bad idea to change those caps on the servo board. I mean if you have the service manual and you know what you're doing...

Regards
Filip 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS