Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoRemoteOneBT

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 4 Followers

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member
kuyttendaele Posted: Sun, Aug 28 2016 1:44 PM

If you've been using the Beo4 for almost 20years... and then switch over to the new BeoRemote OneBT.. you're in for a nasty surprise.

On the new BeoRemote they've replaced the volume with the standby button... Over the last couple of days it's switched off my BV14 numerous times instead of just changing the volume...

Karel.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Aug 28 2016 1:52 PM
Hard to require 20 years of muscle memory !

🏊🏊🏊🏊🏊

BeoNut since '75

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Aug 29 2016 8:21 AM

kuyttendaele:

If you've been using the Beo4 for almost 20years... and then switch over to the new BeoRemote OneBT.. you're in for a nasty surprise.

I've done that once or twice, when I switched. Easy to get used to the new one though and it's a much nicer remote.

Strangely I've accidentally clicked "Text" on my remote rather than "Back" and I can't get out of the old text overlay on my TV! That's more annoying.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Aug 29 2016 12:13 PM
moxxey:

Strangely I've accidentally clicked "Text" on my remote rather than "Back" and I can't get out of the old text overlay on my TV! That's more annoying.

Smile You have to press TV on the remote to get out of the Text overlay.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

oli
Top 500 Contributor
Southeast of France
Posts 141
Bronze Member
oli replied on Mon, Aug 29 2016 1:57 PM

Do you know if it will be possible with this new remote to control volume or track change on beoplay BT devices (Beolit, A1, A2...) ?

jowus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 161
Bronze Member
jowus replied on Mon, Aug 29 2016 4:58 PM
Is the BT Version out already?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

jowus:
Is the BT Version out already?

With the new tv's - yes.

Otherweise they would not work!

From what I have understood - but did not test it - they could be paired with any BT device....

....so yes, it should be possible, I guess for basic volume controlling.

But who would buy a BROne/BT for controlling an A2?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 601
Bronze Member

oli:

Do you know if it will be possible with this new remote to control volume or track change on beoplay BT devices (Beolit, A1, A2...) ?

Yes. Yes it will. 

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

oli
Top 500 Contributor
Southeast of France
Posts 141
Bronze Member
oli replied on Mon, Aug 29 2016 6:59 PM

Thanks, sounds interesting... :-)

Will we have an external BT device controlled by the new remote and sending the old B&O IR codes to be able to control old  non-bluetooth Beovision/sound as well ? Or you have to choose either de BT version or the IR version. It would be definitely great to switch Beo4 users to BeoremoteOne !

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,710
Founder
oli:

Will we have an external BT device controlled by the new remote and sending the old B&O IR codes to be able to control old non-bluetooth Beovision/sound as well ? Or you have to choose either de BT version or the IR version. It would be definitely great to switch Beo4 users to BeoremoteOne !

It is both BT and IR!

BeoVision Haermony 65"...BeoLab 28 Anthracite....BeoLab 17 as REAR....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay Emerge....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 601
Bronze Member
BeoMegaMan replied on Mon, Aug 29 2016 10:23 PM

oli:

Will we have an external BT device controlled by the new remote and sending the old B&O IR codes to be able to control old  non-bluetooth Beovision/sound as well ? Or you have to choose either de BT version or the IR version. It would be definitely great to switch Beo4 users to BeoremoteOne !

You will have to choose which mode you want the remote in, IR or BT. It is not a seamless switch from IR to BT mode. 

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Aug 30 2016 9:58 AM

Hiort:

Smile You have to press TV on the remote to get out of the Text overlay.

Yes, I've figured that out myself. I wasn't sitting there wondering what to do! Just really annoying when it happens.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Aug 30 2016 10:09 AM

BeoMegaMan:
You will have to choose which mode you want the remote in, IR or BT. It is not a seamless switch from IR to BT mode. 

Are you serious, you mean if you set it to BT-mode for  the BV-14 in your living space as an example, you can not use it on the V1 in the kitchen. I thought it used both modes at the same time, so transmitting BT and IR on every command you make.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Of course you can use the BROne/BT with ir products as well!

You will have to add the product (eg a V1) in the LIST (and make your settings) and choose that (from the LIST) before, you can control it.

Returning to a BT-based product (eg BV14/Horizon) means choosing that from LIST and then control as usual.

MM

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Aug 30 2016 11:10 AM

@MM how about using the same new remote on both systems, V1 and BV14

Edit: I mean can you use the same remote for both televisions. Is the remote transmitting BT and IR on every command you make

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

No - as the user guide describes, you will have to pick the product (from the products LIST in the remote), before you can control that product - assuming you have already added it.

MM

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Aug 30 2016 11:32 AM

Chris:
Is the remote transmitting BT and IR on every command you make

If so, then I see no added value in BT for some certain situations.

Our house has an open kitchen, now it works perfectly well to power on my V1 from within the kitchen without starting the BV11 in the living space(I have only ONE beoremote one). Replacing the BV to a 14 means I can use the latest new remote with the BT function.

Imagine now that I power on the V1 in the kitchen and the BV14 powers on also because I'm within the 10 meters working distance of BT. Or changing a channel in the kitchen changes also the other tv... Would not be so handy...

Conclusion: so I have to use the remote only in IR mode for both televisions, this works perfectly well as it is now the case. No added value for me to buy the latest Beoremote one with BT?

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Aug 30 2016 11:32 AM

Double post

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Tue, Aug 30 2016 12:43 PM

I think it's a nice touch when you can control products like the Beoplay A2, A1 or Essence via Bluetooth remote, too. I like the opportunity even if I still prefer the haptics of the Beo 4. Feels much better.
I guess the Beoremote One BT can control non B&O devices via Bluetooth, too... that was the case with the Essence Knob.

That means that an A2 should be controllable by an Essence Knob, too?!

hadr
Top 500 Contributor
Switzerland
Posts 92
Bronze Member
hadr replied on Tue, Aug 30 2016 7:09 PM
Chris:

If so, then I see no added value in BT for some certain situations.

Our house has an open kitchen, now it works perfectly well to power on my V1 from within the kitchen without starting the BV11 in the living space(I have only ONE beoremote one). Replacing the BV to a 14 means I can use the latest new remote with the BT function.

Imagine now that I power on the V1 in the kitchen and the BV14 powers on also because I'm within the 10 meters working distance of BT. Or changing a channel in the kitchen changes also the other tv... Would not be so handy...

Conclusion: so I have to use the remote only in IR mode for both televisions, this works perfectly well as it is now the case. No added value for me to buy the latest Beoremote one with BT?

If I understood correctly, what MM says is exactly the opposite of the use case you are describing. Given that you need to choose which product you want to control via LIST, then it is not possible to initiate dual actions affecting products which you do not intend to operate.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though...
Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Aug 30 2016 9:16 PM

hadr:
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though...

I presume you are correct, changing BV products with the button List.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

You can not control a BV14 in ir mode - it has no ir receiver!

MM

Page 1 of 1 (22 items) | RSS