Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Hello....My first post.

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

David
Not Ranked
Tunbridge Wells
Posts 30
Bronze Member
David Posted: Thu, Oct 27 2016 6:04 PM

Hi Everyone.

My name is David, from the UK (Kent). Been a reader/lurker on this forum for many years, so thought the time has come to join in and post. 

Been a B&O fan/addict since first seeing an Overture in Harrods as a kid, i was mesmerised by the sliding doors, then hearing it. The forward midrange had me hooked. Been in to hifi ever since, had numerous brands but always come back to B&O. Its like coming home. 

Most of what i have bought and then sold over the years has been second hand (money!), but always kept my Beolit 12 which i bought new a few years back. And up until this week my favourite thing i have owned was the Beocenter 9000 with CX100 speakers (and a Beogram 5005 turntable attached).

That was until Tuesday this week when i bought a Beosound 1 from my local B&O shop. To my humble thoughts this is B&O's finest hour. I can't reap enough praise on this beautiful piece of art and music. I even compared it to a Beosound 2 before parting with the money, and still went with the 1. 

Any questions about the 1 or the 2 please feel free to ask.

And a pleasure to meet you all.

David

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Thu, Oct 27 2016 6:17 PM

Why BS1 over BS2 ?

/Weebyx

David
Not Ranked
Tunbridge Wells
Posts 30
Bronze Member
David replied on Thu, Oct 27 2016 6:25 PM

Weebyx:

Why BS1 over BS2 ?

/Weebyx

The Beosund 2 sounded beautiful just like the 1. And had one of the cleanest sounds i have heard in quite a while, but....it not only looks like a speaker (I love the Beosund 1 flat design over the grills in the 2), the portability of the 1 is what makes it so amazing to use. The 1 sounds like nothing i have ever heard before running of batteries!! I played some high res files through it this morning, and the dispersion of sound, the nuances it picked up in the track was quite spellbinding. And the fact you can just pick it up and take that sound with you anywhere in the house! I can't praise it enough, had got the 2, it would be static in its position unless i unplugged then plugged in again and waited for it to reconnect. And it would for me have lost that magic appeal.

and as a footnote, yes the Besound 2 has more power under the hood and more speakers, but to my ears it just sounded more 'hifi' to my ears, while the 1 sounds to me like B&O. Hard to explain, but head to head as i heard them in the showroom the 1 sounded more personal in its sound. And the dealer told me that when you crank up the 2, it loses its vocals in favour of the bass a bit. The 1 just stays neutral regardless.

Hope hat helps.

David

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Thu, Oct 27 2016 6:26 PM
Welcome David. I'm pleased you love your BS1; it's a great piece. But as Weebyx, I would be very interested to hear what made you choose it instead of the BS2. Also how did you find the sound from the BS2? I suspect most of us haven't heard it yet.
David
Not Ranked
Tunbridge Wells
Posts 30
Bronze Member
David replied on Thu, Oct 27 2016 6:28 PM

Just replied. And thank you for the welcome.

David
Not Ranked
Tunbridge Wells
Posts 30
Bronze Member
David replied on Thu, Oct 27 2016 6:29 PM

As i said in my reply, to me it sounded too 'hifi'. I have been lucky enough to own some good hifi over the years and sometimes they try to hard with their sound and it loses the personality. The Besound 2 was clean, yes, amazingly so, but the 1 sings to you.

David

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
France
Posts 646
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Thu, Oct 27 2016 7:12 PM

Very nice to hear about your new toy. Could you compare it / them to the Beosound 35 and to the Play range (beolit 15, A1, ...)? Aren't they too 'boomy '?

David
Not Ranked
Tunbridge Wells
Posts 30
Bronze Member
David replied on Fri, Oct 28 2016 12:41 PM

Only heard the 35 briefly and that obviously has a much bigger dispersion of sound. It's a different beast.

i have owned the A1's and for the money they can't be beat, but a Beosound 1 it is not. Completely different sound signature. The 1 has so much air around the vocals. It also beats my Beolit 13. Which is now being used for vinyl duties. 

Have heard the Beolit 15 and that does punch way above its price point and before the Beosound 1 it would have been my go to. But the 1 and the BeoMusic app are the perfect portable round the house combo.

David

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Fri, Oct 28 2016 6:21 PM
Interesting first post, thank you !

A lot here are waiting for the BS2 to compare to the BS1 sound.

David
Not Ranked
Tunbridge Wells
Posts 30
Bronze Member
David replied on Sat, Oct 29 2016 5:24 PM

Thank you! 

in an ideal world we would own both! 😀. But for me the 1 continues to amaze me everyday so far.

David

David
Not Ranked
Tunbridge Wells
Posts 30
Bronze Member
David replied on Sat, Oct 29 2016 5:24 PM

Thank you! 

in an ideal world we would own both! 😀. But for me the 1 continues to amaze me everyday so far.

David

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS