Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolab 1611 and Beolab 3500

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Milesmj
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Milesmj Posted: Fri, Dec 9 2016 8:08 PM

I have a number of B&O products, have been trying to integrate a 3500 with a 1611 using a powerlink cable and aux. The aux works ok from an Ipad but I cannot get the powelink working from an Overture in another room. Not sure if there is some configurating required. As a last resort I am considering wiring the powerlink and aux through a phono selector.

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 5,495
Founder

If you have a Beolab 3500 and a Beosound Overture which both have MasterLink, is there any reason why you do not wish to use a direct (without the 1611) connection?

Regards Keith....

Milesmj
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Milesmj replied on Sun, Dec 11 2016 7:35 AM

Overture is an old version without Masterlink

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 5,495
Founder

Milesmj:

Overture is an old version without Masterlink

Mike,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, but your answer surprised me because as far as I am aware all BeoSound Ouvertures sold from day One had MasterLink except units sold under the name of BeoSound 4000 which was only in North America and Latin America.

What is the "Type" number of your Unit?

Regards Keith....

hemenex
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 569
Founder
hemenex replied on Wed, Dec 14 2016 5:52 PM

It might be a similar looking Beosystem 2500...

hx

Milesmj
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Milesmj replied on Wed, Dec 14 2016 8:55 PM

Hi it's a Beocenter 2300 (no masterlink), have connected Powerlink and Phono from a sat box to a 1611 with a phono selector and linked with Masterlink to 3500. A few volume tweeks needed and a reprogram of the Be04 and it works really well. Obviously minimal display on 3500. Couldn't get 4000 speakers working from 1611 but that may because its a 3 wire powerlink. Next is to try 4000's in another room from my ML/MCL and replace Beovox CX 100.

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
Posts 626
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Thu, Dec 15 2016 1:14 PM

Hi,

the powerlink connector on the Beolink Converter 1611 has _no_ sound output to any speakers! It's just used if the converter is used to connect a Datalink device like the BeoSound 2300 to a masterlink cabling. The powerlink connection is then used to tell the converter whether the Beosound 2300 has been locally switched on. If this is the case one line on the powerlink connector goes active to 'switch on' the BeoLab speaker(s). Exactly this line is monitored by the Beolink converter and nothing else will be done with the powerlink connector. So no chance to use it to connect speakers to get the sound from the AUX connector.

To use your BeoLab 4000s in the other room you need a Beolink active Box connected to masterlink. The ML/MCL converter won't help in this case because it's powerlink connector is used always used as an input from a BeoMaster, BeoCenter or BeoSystem.

Ralph-Marcus

Milesmj
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Milesmj replied on Thu, Dec 15 2016 2:45 PM

Hi

Thanks for that it clears up a few things. The ML/MCL runs some passive speakers using a fully loaded Powerlink, I can put a splitter on that and run the 4000's as well.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS