Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 2300 CD does not spin

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

chti59
Top 500 Contributor
France
Posts 149
Bronze Member
chti59 Posted: Mon, Jul 30 2012 5:15 PM

Hi Everyone

My beosystem 2300 CD does not spin anymore.

Went through the testing and laser beem is OK (turn on and try to focus)

Test CD motors (not working)

Test Laser arm movement (not working)

So I suppose that this has nothing to do with dead motors or laser problems but motors do not get certainly no voltage.

As B&O Servo Board are specific to them I suppose we will have to find the faulty component (checked on eB.y and did not find any)

If someone already has motor problem feel free to point me where to look first as It does not look that we will find service manual for these boards) 

Jackplug
Not Ranked
Posts 40
Bronze Member
Jackplug replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 9:47 PM

Is it the radial tracking or liner track laser type mech.  The later models had the liner VAM mech, you can get these replaced by B&O for £100 ish, is the most likely fix.  If it's the older radial laser then harder of course.

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Tue, Jul 31 2012 12:24 AM

A lot have been written about this here on Beoworld over the years.

It is most likely a problem with the servoboard -or more correctly: some components (caps) on the servoboard.
A new CD mech can sometimes solve the problem for a while -But the problems will return if the servo board is not fixed.

Try searching: 'BC 2300 CD' or 'BS Ouverture CD' here on Beoworld.

chti59
Top 500 Contributor
France
Posts 149
Bronze Member
chti59 replied on Tue, Jul 31 2012 12:27 AM

It is the later model  ( I have one of those radial in my 9000 model) but I still will try to fix it myself as it must be a component problem.

The thing is that when you do not have a service manual you do not really know where to check the voltages and what you should get, and as there is already SMD component it is hard to unsold, test, and resold.

I can try to contact Philips for this matter as it is an old model may be they send it as a pdf file, but I doubt about it.

If I remember the reference it is a CDM 12 IND and it is specialy built for B&O so it will be hard to get something from Philips.

1°) Does the VAM mesh comes with the servo board ???

2°) Tried the keywords but too many replies, tried also to add caps or capacitors nothing that points to which capacitors are taking care of the motors

But I found this by googleing a little : http://archivedarchivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/35325/321053.aspx

chti59
Top 500 Contributor
France
Posts 149
Bronze Member
chti59 replied on Tue, Jul 31 2012 1:43 PM

Ok checked on the 2300 - 2500 service manual and there is the servo board diagram on it.... Must have been blind or too tired.

Since both sledge motors and disc motor do not run and both depend on the TDA7073A, I suppose  there must be no VCD on the TDA. I will have to check on pin 5 (VCD) if I have 9 volts. If not start from the 3032 cap.

On the diagram it can be :

3032(smd) or

2032 (located near the ACT) or

2031(smd but not located in print on the board but supposed be the one near the 2031),

the 2032 is a big surface mount capacitor (I think I will start from there, 90% shure it will be the culprit) 

Wanted to post the diagram but it looks like it is not available on the forum.

chti59
Top 500 Contributor
France
Posts 149
Bronze Member
chti59 replied on Tue, Jul 31 2012 3:00 PM

Well nope I have 9v going to the TDA7073A.

The SAA7345 has a motor control called MOT1 and MOT2 (501 - 502 on diagram).

By the way to be shure I checked and tested all the caps and nothing better they are all OK.

Checked datasheet of the TDA7073A

Should be voltage input  between pins 1 - 2 and 6 - 7

Should be voltage outpout between pins 13-16 and 12-9

My problem : I do not have test leads small enough to check !!!!! Crying

I think next episode will be for later

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS