Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

H3 ANC - unusual issue

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Cleviebaby
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, United Kingdom
Posts 672
Bronze Member
Cleviebaby Posted: Fri, Jun 16 2017 10:30 AM
My H3 ANCs appear to behaving somewhat inconsistently dependent on what piece of kit they are connected to.

On my Apple/IOS pieces (iPhone SE, MacBook Pro, iPad mini2) the ANC is completely ineffective with no discernible difference between when the ANC is switched on and when it is not enabled. However on a Windows OS laptop and a friend's Android 'phone, the ANC works properly. It's subtle, but definitely there.

My local B&O dealer has never heard of such a problem and I'd be intrigued to know if anyone else has had such experiences and/or any suggestions as to what to do.

Cleve
Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
Posts 780
Bronze Member
I use mine almost daily with an iPhone and the anc works fine with background noise (train, wind, motor hum, etc). But I haven't used any other source to see if they can create a black hole of anc.
Stan
Top 100 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
Posts 869
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Fri, Jun 16 2017 3:39 PM

I mostly use mine with a Fiio player, but I just tried with a iPod and it worked fine.  The ANC is not very noticeable in an home/office environment.  It really excels on planes, trains - gets rid of the drone, but it doesn't do well with people talking or other inconsistent noise in my experience.

Stan

Cleviebaby
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, United Kingdom
Posts 672
Bronze Member
Thanks for your responses.

I guess I will need to wait until my next flight - in November - to see if the ANC works more effectively in that sort of environment rather than at home.

Cleve
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS