Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

RF Out - BV 8-40

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Pestria
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
Pestria Posted: Tue, Jun 27 2017 10:34 AM

I tried to add this to previous thread, but wasn't able to as it was archived.

I've recently installed a Humax Set Top Box and connected it to my BV8-40 via HDMI and Scart.   The reason being that I want to distribute analogue output from the box (via the TV) to other anlogue only TV sets in link rooms.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to get pick upanything from the RF out on the link sets.

The sets in link rooms are connected via a central aerial amp/splitter which is fed from the RF-Out on the BV-8.

My understanding is that this should be possible and doesn't need the RF link amp as I dont want to feed any signal from the (digital) roof aerial to the link sets as they are analogue only.

The modulator in 'On' as per the link menu settings on the master TV.  I have scanned all channels/retuned the link sets.

Any thoughts?

AP

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Jun 27 2017 11:43 AM

Have you tried unplugging the hdmi lead between the Humax and the BV8 and then seeing if the TV is actually receiving the SCART signal?

If this works, the problem is clearly downstream. 

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Jun 27 2017 11:48 AM

A further thought:  Are the TVs actually masterlinked?

Look at Scott's post on 28 Oct here:  http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/20887/182607.aspx#182607

He states: 'The RF output does not appear to work in a non-masterlink system.'

beoaus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 177
Bronze Member
beoaus replied on Tue, Jun 27 2017 11:57 AM

Hello,

The link frequency is 599, if set to standard.  So I would manually tune to 599 on the link TV's B&O or other vendors. On our link network the frequency is not found automatically, so try stepping thru manually.

Our link amplifier, does just hat, just amplifys the signal strength. So without it our link TV's have a snow like signal.

You may also need to power off the BV8 after setting the modulator to on.

Does the Humax box output HDMI and RCA signals simultaneously? Some don't.

To non B&O TV's we have Beolink Actives connected and B&O Speakers. That way get control of the TV channels through the set top box and sound.

All works flawlessly.

Hope that helps

Beoaus

Pestria
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
Pestria replied on Tue, Jun 27 2017 1:04 PM

I have already put the scart on a different input, ie scart in to AV1 (DTV) and the HDMI to V.MEM and can see them as separate devices with the clear difference in picture quality.

Buit still worthwhile unplugging the hdmi - thanks.

Pestria
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
Pestria replied on Tue, Jun 27 2017 1:07 PM

yes - they're masterlinked and dont suspect any problems with the connection as the TV can be pulled to aduio devices and vice versa.

having said that I'm not sure how to pul lany signal from one tv to the other other than press 'SAT' or V.MEM which out to pull from the master as none are connected locally to the link TV

Pestria
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
Pestria replied on Tue, Jun 27 2017 1:12 PM

I've looked at the link frequency.  The output from the master and input are set to the same frequency (500 I think).  I've tried auto and manual tuning and found nothing.

I haven't powered off the BV8 after setting up the modulator so wil ltry that - thanks.

The Humax does send out both signal as can see the scart via DTV on standard def and the high def via HDMI to V.MEM.

The link TV is a BV6 (analogue only) so should be ok to act as a ML TV without extra boxes (works wll at pulling audio from the Beosound 9000 audio master).

Thanks

Alan

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Jun 27 2017 1:42 PM

You haven't mentioned Option settings.  The master BV8 should be VOPT 1 or 2, and the link TVs V.OPT 6 (assuming there's no other B&O in the same room).

Worth checking or re-setting.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Jun 27 2017 1:45 PM

Also work checking that you have the correct RF input at the LINK TV - this may also have a DAB and/or FM input, plus its own RF out, hence it is easy to get confused!  (Ask me how I know!) 

Pestria
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
Pestria replied on Tue, Jun 27 2017 2:36 PM

Thanks Guy

I'm pretty certain that I've got the option settings correct.

As for the RF connection then good avice - never even thought of that!

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Tue, Jun 27 2017 4:41 PM

If it's like a BV8-32 the RF out is on the board with the masterlink socket. 

Pestria
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
Pestria replied on Tue, Jun 27 2017 6:41 PM

Same on BV8.

Wil lcheck connections on BV6

Pestria
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
Pestria replied on Thu, Jun 29 2017 8:22 AM

All sorted now & thanks for your advice.

I'm not sure exactly how I resolevd the problem, other reinstalling the various connecttions (scart, hdmi,coax) and then rebooting.

One curious outcome is that when I log into the 'Link Tuning' menu on the BV6 it fires up the BV8 master TV and output from the TV comes through which I wasn't expecting - as does 'Link>TV'.  if I'd realised this then I might not have bothered with the Humax ST in the ifrst place!

The next step is to get the STB controllers working.  Virtually nothing was installed on the BV8 when I bought it and getting out a dealer to install additional codes is probably not cost effective.  I have a couple of old Lintronic converters which may do the job.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, Jun 29 2017 10:46 AM

Thanks for letting us know - good news!

Unfortunately the BV8 has a PUC rather than the STB-C of the older TVs.  This requires a flash update from a dealer's laptop in order to add devices.  (The STB-C type could be easily updated with a chip-change.) Can you take the TV to the dealer to update, saving a call-out cost?  I can't imagine them charging that much if the TV is in-store.

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Thu, Jun 29 2017 11:18 AM

A tip I found that when you have something connected by HDMI, you can distribute the signal by using an HDMI splitter - one lead goes to the BV and the other to an HDMI to composite converter and then connected to a video input. Set the input to HDMI and then when you select it the signal is passed to both HDMI and the Video Input - if you can control it then great, but the signal can be received on other sets connected via the RF cable - I did this for Apple TV and it works really well - more cables but mine is in a cabinet so it's all hidden. The only thing that doesn't happen on my bedroom BV6 is the format defaults to 15:9 so you have to keep changing it to format 3 - but a small price to pay to be able to pause a film and watch the rest in bed.

Another thing you can do if you use a lintronic converter is connect the IR input to the scart socket - this enables it to pick up the signal from the TV or any linked TV iR sensor - details are on the lintronic website.

Anyway, great TVs and worth the effort in getting it all working.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS