Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 9000 integration with Alexa

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

BeoNinja
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Bronze Member
BeoNinja Posted: Thu, Jun 29 2017 7:40 PM

Hello All!

Would like to get a Beosound 9000 but would like to hook it up to an Alexa for control. Is there a better model for this type of operation or a model that does not work?

Thank you in advance for any information on this!

Beophile
Not Ranked
USA
Posts 41
Bronze Member
Beophile replied on Thu, Jun 29 2017 8:58 PM

I believe this may be possible if you add a BeoLink Gateway to your system. The BeoLink Gateway, as best i understand, can control the Beosound 9000 via masterlink.  Also, the BeoLink Gateway, as best i understand, can be configured to interface with the Amazon Echo/Alexa and have its commands mapped to control another product, such as the Beosound 9000.  Thus, I believe the Amazon Echo/Alexa can be used, via the BeoLink Gateway, to control a Beosound 9000.

Go to the link: http://beointegration.com/index.php?site=help

and then look for the topic entilted "Amazon Echo and IFTTT

BeoNinja
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Bronze Member
BeoNinja replied on Thu, Jun 29 2017 10:10 PM

Thank you for your insight and time!

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, Jun 30 2017 2:36 AM

You would definitely need a BeoLink Gateway. You would also need a subscription to B&O's affiliate Khimo service to be able to connect the BLGW to the Alexa. The subscription costs a little over $100 USD per year. Know that the interface isn't automatic. You have to build macros in the BLGW for each and every command that you want to control the 9000. Then, you have to build macros in IFTTT to be able to trigger those BLGW macros with Amazon Echo commands. It takes a bit of effort, but once it's done it's pretty amazing.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS