Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Connect Beosound 4 to Samsung 3D Led-TV ES8005

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Bedan
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Bedan Posted: Sun, Sep 9 2012 7:20 PM

Dear fellow B&O enthusiasts,

I have a Besound 4 together with four Beolab 8002 and one Beolab 2. I recently acquired a new Samsung 3D Led-TV ES8005 and wonder if it is possible to connect the Beo Soundsystem with the new TV? Is it possible to use it as a surround system?

All help is appreciated!

/Philip

SWISS_2
Not Ranked
Posts 57
Gold Member
SWISS_2 replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 9:57 PM

Yes, you have a few options.

One option is connecting the Samsung headphone jack out to your Beosound 4. That would require a cable connection with a steremini-jack out from the heaphone socket to an RCA Left and Right in, under the Beosound 4. This would be accessed using A.AUX on the Beosound and your choice of Beo remote

Another more simple option is RCA left and right out directly to the Beosound 4 RCA left and Right in, accessed as above.

You have not mentioned a HTPC in your sound system: If that is available or being considered,  your can connect and include the PC sounds (N. MUSIC, N.RADIO etc)  and the Samsung. Again mini-jack out, or RCA lines out, connected to the Beosound 4.

My option is to route everything through the HTPC, including TV, DVD, SD, Flash drive, etc. and then on to the Beosound 4. That can be done via a mini-stereo jack from the headphone socket to directly to the Beosound  4 by L-R RCA, or through a switch box ( such as the excellent device offered by Sounds Heavenly, a BEOWORLD sponsor ), or at some extra cost, via the addition of a Beoport device. 

While travelling for the last 6 months, we found that we could add downloaded films and music from a simple flash drive to a PC, laptop, or tablet, and enjoy them easier than lugging a load of DVD's or CD's around. Finding a location in the Amazon outside of Manaus with good internet service was virtually impossible. The option of a few cases containing DVD's was not something we wanted to do. A small flashdrive with a few Gig's of sounds and films did work for us.

We now download into the PC, and store what we want to watch or listen to on a flash drive. We can watch, pause, and back-up movies this way far easier than before. No need for DVD's except for back-up storage, ad no DVD sticking. One 64G or 128 G flash drive holds a remarkable amount of films ( even HD ) to watch, let alone music to enjoy.

The Beosound 4 plays and provides a superior quality digital sound (at least to our ears) when the flash drive is plugged in to our HTPC, or into the flatscreen, when a movieor TV series file is selected and then played .

I hope this is helpful to you.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS