Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

beovision 10 40" & 46" discontinued

rated by 0 users
This post has 120 Replies | 6 Followers

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Bronze Member
butch1 Posted: Fri, Jun 22 2012 10:23 PM

Was in dealership looking at 40" v1 for bedroom,had chat about b&o in general, as I have known them for years,and have always been straight up with me.

I was told that the 40" and 46" bv 10 will be no longer available in the next few months,but the 32" will.He said this had been due to poor sales,as the design is not suited to over fireplace mounting etc.and the new v1 picture is as good or better?.

Are their any truth in this,as I would have thought they would have been good sellers,and look fantastic on the wall by thereself with a couple of 6000s.

I would never have a tv above the fire,it is so chavvy,but thats me.

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 10:40 PM

Hi Butch1

Sounds highly unlikely - this is B&Os most perfect design - infact, i can see this going on for the next 10 - 15 years with new panels as they come and go!

Yeah i'd chuck out the BV7, BV4 and Bv12 but BV10 c'mon it's the iconic one!

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 11:32 PM

Thats what I thought, but the person I talked to,has sold b&o for over 30 years,and has always been right in the past.

MartinW
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 389
Bronze Member
MartinW replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 11:35 PM
Quite possibly the most ridiculous rumour i have ever read on here! BV10 is by far the best selling tv in the current range!
butch1
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 11:56 PM

thats some statement! have you got access to the sales figures then? I know myself it sounds riduculous,but I dont see why he would tell me that when I have actually been considering one.

ouverture
Top 500 Contributor
London
Posts 263
Bronze Member
ouverture replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 12:10 AM

I believe you Butch, the BV12 is now the head turner in the B&O stores with the Beolab 12 flat panel speakers, I was in my local dealer today and their setup of the BV12 and BL12 speakers is taking centre stage, with orders being taken already, yes it is top end, but B&O have set their stall in 2012, get the shop in store displays promoting the most expensive products B&O can produce, and fill the rest of the shop up with B&O PLAY products (which are now the low end products price wise), what is the point of selling anything in between those two stalls, who buys it, hardly anyone according to my friendly B&O shop owner.

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 12:12 AM
Absolute impossible! Or do you believe the EURO will be discontinued next week?
markiedee
Top 200 Contributor
UK
Posts 425
Bronze Member
markiedee replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 12:29 AM

I don't belive that they are going too discontinue the bv10, i was at a dealers the other day where he had three bv10s in store alongside a bv12 futher down the shop and the v1s in the front of the the shop. He told me that b&0 are going too be putting the same video engine as the v1 into the bv10s.

If B&0 were indeed going to discontinue the bv10 then why would they plan to implement the new video engine into the bv10??

Beoplay A2

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 12:31 AM

He said that their was too much off a price gap between a 40" v1 and a 40" bv10,and consumers have picked up on this.The 7-40 appealed due to the massive difference in speaker sound.

Picture and soundwise the 10-40 does not warrant £1000s more pricetag.

B&o play range is a godsend for them,going back to the good old days of mx,s and beovision 3s when the flagship, was a £5200 avant.

The play range is geared towards the younger crowd,who in turn will get hooked on the brand like us,and when salary and funds increase,step up the range.thats what they are hoping for,

As he has lost loads off old crt customers,who have looked at a replacement tv and have been priced out of the market.

KingOfSnake
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Bronze Member

My understanding is that the future launches of BV10 will have a V1 chassis.  So in some sense the OP is right, in some wrong, if I am right.

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 8:53 AM

I'm with KingOfSnake : the BV10 will maybe not be marketed as bv10 mkII when they will have the V1 "engine" inside, maybe they will become Beocenter 10, so yes, they will be discontinued, and also yes, they will keep their iconic design.

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 1:02 PM

The BV12 & BeoLab 12s just dont do it for me! I thought the speakers looked incredibly tacky when I saw them the other week! Sorry, just not impressed!

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 1:06 PM

Maybe the price of BV10 or the new video engineered BV10 will drop accordingly?

Definitely the most iconic TV in the B&O range!

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 1:17 PM

Actually, the BV11 is on its way..

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 1:40 PM

I orderd the 'old' one....Sad

but with a free Bl11Smile

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Me too :-))))

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 2:44 PM

and the new v1 picture is as good or better?.

I don't think so!

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
It must be very new then as we saw them still being produced when we visited the factory last month.

Dealer I visited today isn't aware yet.

I'd love a beovision 10 with a v1 engine. We could see the difference when displayed side by side with a bv7, and the new engine is impressive especially in difficult light condition.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 5:06 PM

koning:

and the new v1 picture is as good or better?.

I don't think so!

I hope if BV 10 will be updated with V1 chassis, the video engine will be better than in Beoplay 1, look at this thread:

http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/1659.aspx

/Räuber

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 6:32 PM

I think it will.

I was told end of the year

LifeStyle
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
LifeStyle replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 9:08 PM

When can we expect the BV11?

Will it be located under or above the BV 10 range?

Schlaumeier
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 132
Bronze Member
... can I stop my order for a new 10-40 white??? I don't wanna get an old modell!!! My dealer should have told me!!! Thanks

Beste Grüße / Best regards

Schlaumeier

Setup Livingroom: BeoVision 10-40 and 10-32, BeoLab 6000 front, BeoLab 4000 rear, BeoLab 11, Ouverture, Apple TV 2 & 4, Airport Express, 6 x LC2.

Other Rooms: 3 x BeoSound 8, BeoVision 8-26, MX 4002, 2 x Keyring, 2 x Beolit 15, A1, Airport Express, 4 x Beo4, 2 x Beocom 5

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

Does it come with the Beolab 11 offer, or has that run out. Although rumours even if its true its still 6 months away.

What will the new chassis offer? If its connectivity etc you might not need that. If you get it in white, you'll have to look at some matching Beolab 11 in white too so factor that expense inWink

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

Does it come with the Beolab 11 offer, or has that run out. Although rumours even if its true its still 6 months away.

What will the new chassis offer? If its connectivity etc you might not need that. If you get it in white, you'll have to look at some matching Beolab 12 in white too so factor that expense inWink

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 11:12 AM

The offer is run outSad

1983beo
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 127
Bronze Member
1983beo replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 1:03 PM
The beovision 11 won't have Any masterlink option so for The masterlink customers the beovision 10 will be there for some time.
markiedee
Top 200 Contributor
UK
Posts 425
Bronze Member
markiedee replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 1:09 PM

Does anyone know if the bv11 will be an lcd or another plasma? thanks.

Beoplay A2

1983beo
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 127
Bronze Member
1983beo replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 1:11 PM
LCD as the beovision 10
beopiranha
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 125
Bronze Member

1983beo:
The beovision 11 won't have Any masterlink option so for The masterlink customers the beovision 10 will be there for some time.

This is the information I've got.

Beovision Avant 55 / BV 11-40 / BV7-40 / Beovision Avant / Beosound 9000 / Beosound 5 Encore / Beosystem 4500 / Beosystem 6500 / Beocenter 9000 / Beolab 5000 / Beolab 18 / Beolab 19 / Beolab 11 / Beolab 17 / 3 sets of Beolab 4000 / Beovox Red Line 60.2 

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 2:17 PM

Sounds as though it may be quite a bit cheaper than the BV10 then! Ive never needed Masterlink so im quite happy :)

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 3:01 PM
If BV 11 doesn't have masterlink, it would be a NoGo.

My dealer told me he can't sell the V1 because the lack of masterlink. Most of customers have other B&O products and they want to connect them to a new TV. That's the fact!

But I think it will be possible to add a masterlink module to the new V1 chassis.

Regards

Räuber
mawheele
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 258
Bronze Member
mawheele replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 6:52 PM

MartinW:
Quite possibly the most ridiculous rumour i have ever read on here! BV10 is by far the best selling tv in the current range!

As others say, its due an upgrade to the new digital chassis in the V1 and a repositioning in the product range.

Also, I wouldn't be concerned about the lack of Masterlink - if that is the case on the forthcoming sets - IMOP this type of technology has a very limited life left in it.  Video connectivity needs to move to a VLAN over ethernet or wireless with forthcoming technologies like AirPlay or the similar looking technology from Microsoft that was recently announced. These current matrix HDMI solutions are far too expense and complex for something that should be so simple. I would also place a bet on the fact that we will also be consuming far more of our TV over broadband which will deal with the limitations that Sky boxes impose on us. In the near future, they'll have to change or loose their market position. I'm talking particularly about multi-room.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 7:39 PM

mawheele:

MartinW:

As others say, its due an upgrade to the new digital chassis in the V1 and a repositioning in the product range.

Also, I wouldn't be concerned about the lack of Masterlink - if that is the case on the forthcoming sets - IMOP this type of technology has a very limited life left in it.  Video connectivity needs to move to a VLAN over ethernet or wireless with forthcoming technologies like AirPlay or the similar looking technology from Microsoft that was recently announced. These current matrix HDMI solutions are far too expense and complex for something that should be so simple. I would also place a bet on the fact that we will also be consuming far more of our TV over broadband which will deal with the limitations that Sky boxes impose on us. In the near future, they'll have to change or loose their market position. I'm talking particularly about multi-room.

I absolutely agree with you - I have highlighted some very important points you make.

The challenge for me though is how to have distributed music - putting a V1 in every link room is a some what excessive Smile

I have Beolink Wireless and I had a good system going especially with the BeoSound 4.

After converting all my CDs to digital (and despite all of Philippe's good work on LinkPlayer) I seem to have a less stable less useable system for remote link rooms.

Perhaps I should bite the bullet and re-architect my approach ... 

BeoNut since '75

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 7:53 PM

Totally agree with you Mawheele. I think it's clear that SKY are suffering  it's so obvious from their absolute bombardment of irritating radio ads, press advertising & billboards splattered around the cities.

I think once you've experienced the pleasure of Airplay, Apple TV etc, it makes everything else so complicated and silly...

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

My and wait for it...£1,000 pa subscription is ending imminently.

Just think by the time I retire I could collectively use that money to buy a used Quattroporte!!!!!!

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 7:44 AM

Chris Townsend:
My and wait for it...£1,000 pa subscription is ending imminently.

Wow ! Buy the 4 door now.

Schlaumeier
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 132
Bronze Member
Answer from Denmark today:

'Dear Mr xxx,

We have not heard anything about discontinue of the BeoVision 10, so I do not believe that the rumours you have heard are true.

Kind regards,

Bang & Olufsen a/s'

Beste Grüße / Best regards

Schlaumeier

Setup Livingroom: BeoVision 10-40 and 10-32, BeoLab 6000 front, BeoLab 4000 rear, BeoLab 11, Ouverture, Apple TV 2 & 4, Airport Express, 6 x LC2.

Other Rooms: 3 x BeoSound 8, BeoVision 8-26, MX 4002, 2 x Keyring, 2 x Beolit 15, A1, Airport Express, 4 x Beo4, 2 x Beocom 5

kokomo
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
Posts 206
Bronze Member
kokomo replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 10:16 AM
As I'm in Spain, the above reminds me of the new PM's statement a few weeks back that "Spain will not be seeking a bail-out"!
Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 12:37 PM

Schlaumeier:
Answer from Denmark today:

'Dear Mr xxx,

We have not heard anything about discontinue of the BeoVision 10, so I do not believe that the rumours you have heard are true.

Kind regards,

Bang & Olufsen a/s'

I don't think there is a singe successful company that don't keep this things secret from most staff until the product is axed or a new one is launched. It would affect sales very badly and a company would want to phase out the stock so they can start focus on the new product line. 

Just the fact that they "give" away a BV11 with the current BV10 should be a warning signal that the TV is end-of-life. However beautiful :) I think the design will stay but that it will be updated in various ways. Perhaps there will be a BV10 with a Mark step-up, perhaps it will be BV11 and perhaps BV10 will stay and BV11 will come along also :).

I think B&O should thing about it´s brand and not to carry to many models at the same time. They have five TVs now. Don't want them to end up like Heinz 57 :)

And I think the Beoplay on V1 is a bit of a Identity crisis. It is on Bang-olufsen.com and on beoplay. It boots up with "BANG & OLUFSEN" on the screen, and it never says Beo Play. Well, I´ll rest now :D 

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Luke
Top 500 Contributor
Basel, Switzerland
Posts 86
Bronze Member
Luke replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 9:33 PM

I was at the dealer on Saturday, they also told me that the BV10 is being discontinued. I told them I cannot understand it and he agreed. It's really their nicest TV, design wise, for a long time.

I had to come search it here to see if others had heard the same.

Page 1 of 4 (121 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS